Cloquet - Minnesota (MN), 55720
Fond du Lac Reservation
- Provide administrative service/support to division staff to ensure effective and efficient office operations.
- Frequently use independent judgment to promptly resolve issues.
- Assists in answering the telephone and gives information to callers or routes call to appropriate official and places outgoing calls.
- Assist in the collection of rent, document daily revenue and make bank deposits if requested.
- Assist in receiving, dispatching and maintaining record system for maintenance requests.
- Plan and prioritize daily workload to meet deadlines.
- Manage a portfolio of applications; conduct interviews relative to housing program eligibility, obtain required documentation, complete background and reference checks as requested, and maintain accurate, up-to-date waiting list and files.
- Equitably process and maintain applications regarding the housing waiting list.
- Assist in duties of Resident Services Coordinators.
- Assist staff in duplicating materials for distribution to applicants/residents.
- Prepare bulk mailings.
- Compose routing correspondence.
- Prepare Purchase Orders.
- Maintain inventory files, monitor and order office supplies.
- Prepare agenda, assemble necessary documents, record and maintain minutes for Housing Committee meetings. Forward copies to members of Reservation Business Committee.
- Carry out special projects and assignments as requested.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description
- Normal physical requirements.
- Possess knowledge of office management principles, techniques and practices.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute is required.
- Ability to operate various office equipment is required.
- Knowledge or word processing and computer input and retrieval is required.
- Demonstrate a high level of verbal, written and listening skills. Communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work in a busy environment with constant interruptions.
- Maintain high degree of professionalism and exercise strict confidentiality.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720