Coon Rapids - Minnesota (MN), 55448
Mary T. Inc
Mary T. Home Health and Hospice is currently seeking a part-time Spiritual Companion and Bereavement Coordinator for our team in Coon Rapids. This is a part-time position 10-15 hours per week.
The Spiritual Companion coordinates care with other members of the interdisciplinary team and completes an in-depth spiritual assessment of patients/families assigned for follow up bereavement care. The Spiritual Companion conducts memorial/funeral services when requested and actively participates in team meetings, in-service trainings and other agency meetings as requested.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC JOB DUTIES
- Manage ongoing case load of spiritual care & bereavement needs of patients and caregivers
- Develop & implement updates of the spiritual and bereavement plan of care
- Provide short term crisis intervention and family counseling
- Document visits & assessments according to agency standards
- Participate in QAPI program
- Attend bi-weekly IDG team meetings
- Learn and utilize technology to increase efficiency, communication & performance of duties
- Manage mailings to bereaved caregivers
- Make phone calls to PT's and caregivers to schedule appointments
- Evaluate & revise plan of care for spiritual care of PT's/Families/Caregivers
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Theology
CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE: Certification in the 6 cognate groups (APC,AAPC,ACPE, CAPPE,NACC,NAJC) may be substituted for the degree
EXPERIENCE: Experience working with terminally ill is preferred. Experience working with grief and loss is a plus.
Mary T, Inc. and Camilia Rose Care Center are Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
10 -15 Hours per week. Normal business hours are 8am-4pm Monday - Friday