Global Supply Chain Analyst
Maplewood - Minnesota (MN),
Supply Chain Analyst
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“3M’s culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking ‘What if?’ And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about what’s to come next.” – Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Global Supply Chain Analyst, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Managing supply chain product flows from procurement through distribution in support of customer requirements and business objectives
- Identifying and Implementing process improvement projects which improve Speed, Customer Service, and Inventory management
- Determining optimal stocking strategies which align with Customer requirements and business priorities
- Supporting global new product launches by ensuring Manufacturing scale-up and inventory deployment into appropriate Distribution networks
- Analyzing and adjusting material flow parameters such as order quantity, lot size, make cycle frequency, and replenishment interval in support of business and customer requirements
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Four (4) combined years experience working with Manufacturing Planning, Supply Chain, and/or Logistics.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or Production Operations Management
- APICS (The Association for Operations Management) certification or demonstrated progress toward completion
- Demand Planning/Forecasting experience
- Experience leading S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) or IBP (Integrated Business Planning) Teams
- Experience leading Six Sigma Green Belt and/or other projects
- Experience with SAP ERP Software
- Excellent written & oral communication skills; good presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to influence others and work effectively in a team environment
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong data mining, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic and/or international
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.