Medical Science Liaison
Minneapolis - Minnesota (MN),
Eurofins Central Laboratory
Estimated salary $14.23 an hour
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover in over 900 laboratories across 50 countries, employing about 47.000 staff.
Transplant Genomics, Inc. (TGI) aims to improve organ transplant outcomes through molecular diagnostic tests that detect early signs of graft injury, differentiate among actionable causes and enable optimization of therapy.
With over 30 years of specialized expertise in infectious disease, immunology and allergy testing for immunocompromised and critical patients, Viracor Eurofins is committed to helping medical professionals, transplant teams and reference labs get results faster, when it matters most. Viracor is passionate about delivering value to our clients by providing timely, actionable information — never losing sight of the connection between the testing we perform and the patients you serve.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) in Transplant Management is primarily responsible for effectively communicating the clinical and scientific features & benefits of Transplant Genomics’ and Viracor’s transplant rejection tests to new and existing clients. They will support the rest of the commercial team in building relationships with prospective transplant programs and post-transplant care facilities to understand their needs, develop solutions, and drive adoption of testing into client protocols. The MSL will support the various Clinical Trials, and act as trainers for the rest of the organization in the products, the science and the technology of gene expression profiles, like TruGraf and dd-cfDNA like TRAC and those promoted by competitors.
Essential Job Duties:
- Effectively present and detail Transplant Genomics' science and clinical data to current clients and potential clients both in small group discussions and formal group presentations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key clients, clinical decision makers, and other healthcare professionals within the designated market segment
- Work both independently and collaboratively with sales, marketing, sales operations, client services to implement commercial development strategies in the designated market (s) and achieve established goals
- Assist Sales Leadership in implementation of clinical strategic initiatives across the team
- Assist Medical Affairs Leadership in the environment and management of hospitals and patients for clinical studies
- Collaborate with field sales teams to develop and manage customer advocates and KOLs within transplant
- Maintain complete and accurate/concise records of activities and provide updates to sales management on key issues, opportunities, innovation, and market intelligence
- Attend transplant conferences and represent Transplant Genomics to uncover and support collaboration and business opportunities
- Interface with KOL collaborators and work with them to develop, publish and present results at conferences.
- Assist in new hire training and continuing education initiatives for the commercial organization
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Capable of learning, retaining, and effectively communicating technical material
- Ability to effectively use scientific knowledge in the course of a client visit or presentation
- Ability to understand and effectively compare and contrast diagnostic technologies used at Transplant Genomics against other available technologies
- Ability to understand and effectively discuss treatment and care of kidney transplant patients, immunosuppression management, renal transplant rejection, and related areas that Transplant Genomics' services revolve around
- Ability to monitor and understand latest information from clinical studies & abstracts
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Requirements
- Minimum of a BS degree in physical, biological, nursing or clinical laboratory science degree required with a BSN, Masters, PharmD or PhD preferred
- At least 3 years’ transplantation experience within clinical, pharmaceutical, medical or diagnostic industries
- Willing to travel up to 75%
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. This position can be Remote or sit in the following cities: Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago, Birmingham, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, and Charlotte.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.