Warehouse Worker (Forklift) (8:30am - 5:00pm)
Ramsey - Minnesota (MN), 55303
Job Summary: Warehouse Worker is responsible for verifying and keeping records on incoming and preparing items for shipment. This position will be responsible for receiving goods, picking and packing orders and preparing shipments. The focus of the position will vary between general warehouse and shipping/receiving as business needs change.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Compare identifying information as well as counts, weights, or measures of items incoming and outgoing to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Perform evening cycle count to ensure inventory accuracy
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, reject damage items, record shortages, and correspond with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receive inbound freight. Sort and place items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined product code.
- Pick orders with forklift, reach trucks and stock pickers. May operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipment from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Maintain records of all incoming shipments from the warehouse in Brooklyn Center
- Ensure order accuracy with attention to detail and verify receipts and shipments against the accompanying packing slips and orders
- Perform the unpacking of shipment deliveries and distribute contents to the right warehouse bin location
- Maintain the automated inventory management system to ensure that the actual physical inventory matches the database logical inventory
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Follow safe work practices and accident prevention procedures, understand rules and procedures relating to health and safety
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in warehouse and/or shipping and receiving
- Ability to lift 70 lbs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in a shipping/receiving warehouse setting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess our Core Values: Passion for Excellence, Accountability, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork and Integrity
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship. Sign-Zone retains the discretion to add duties or change the duties of this position at any time.