Easement Acquisition Specialist - State Prog Admin Intermedi...
Saint Paul - Minnesota (MN),
State of Minnesota
Estimated salary $21.83 - $31.70 an hour
This posting serves to fill up to 2 positions.
The position provides technical expertise for BWSR’s conservation easement program. The incumbent assists in the easement acquisition process, including review of land ownership and legal descriptions for easement areas, identifying title problems and mediating solutions. The incumbent also develops legal documents required for easement acquisition including legal descriptions and maps.
- Bachelor’s degree in conservation, geography, business administration, or closely related field OR three (3) years of equivalent education and professional experience in conservation, geography or real estate.
- Knowledge of or experience with conservation easement programs, including program compliance assessment, easement material review and real estate easement transactions.
- Experience mapping with ArcGIS or similar program.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to interact in a professional manner and work with all parties interested in conservation easement programs; including landowners, SWCD staff and real estate/title attorneys.
- Communication skills sufficient to communicate program statute, rule and policy to all parties.
- Ability to work in a team environment and maintain a positive working environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and adapt to changing program requirements, financial resources and administrative changes.
- Ability to read and comprehend program related material (statute, rule, easement documents, title documents, legal interpretations on land transactions, etc.) in order to interpret and apply them to individual circumstances or situations.
- Ability to provide qualitative and quantitative analysis of easement program statute, rule, policy and data to evaluate, provide program effectiveness assessment, understand program compliance and recommend program administrative changes.
- Experience examining titles, deeds, abstracts and other real estate related documents.
- Experience preparing maps and legal descriptions and related functions.
- Ability to advise and inform clientele on
This position requires an unrestricted Class D Driver’s License with a clear driving record.
It is policy of the Board of Water and Soil Resources that all candidates submit to a background check prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
- Employment Reference Check
- SEMA4 Records Check
- Criminal History Check
- Education/License Verification
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page and submit an application/resume that clearly describes how you meet the qualifications listed above. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Sharon Doucette at [email protected] or 651-539-2567.
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please submit your certificate to Nicole Tefft at [email protected] or fax to 651-296-6494 by the job posting close date.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email [email protected] Please indicate what assistance you need.