Office & Admin Specialist Int
Saint Paul - Minnesota (MN),
State of Minnesota
Estimated salary $17.66 - $23.41 an hour
This position provides financial management and administrative support to the Office of Ombudsperson for Families and its Boards. Coordinates the accounting functions in the office, including coordination of contract administration, invoice preparation, and work on with budget preparation. Coordinates quarterly Board meetings and attends to take meeting minutes. Maintains website, databases, spreadsheets, manuals and reports. Writes general correspondence.
- Ability to write, prepare and edit materials and documents using correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and sentence construction.
- Experience with standard computer software programs, such as Word and Excel, for word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Skill in database management sufficient to develop tables and manipulate, retrieve, and analyze data and the ability to generate a variety of reports.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and implement work procedures.
- Customer service skills sufficient to interact with others at various levels in a courteous and professional manner.
- Handle intake calls and on-line complaint forms.
- Communication skills sufficient to prepare written and oral responses and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Experience scheduling meetings and confirming appointments in person, on the phone, and through e‐mail and other written correspondence.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet timelines by managing multiple tasks and setting priorities.
- Human relations skills sufficient to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with a variety of customers, provide excellent customer service, and communicate effectively and comfortably with state and agency leadership.
- At least 2 years of
Why Work For Us
The Mission of the Office of Ombudsperson for Families is to ensure that children and families are protected by law in all child placement proceedings conducted by public and private agencies and organizations. The temporary Office and Administrative Support Specialist will work with the four ombudspersons and the community specific advisory boards from February 2021 through June 2021. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most of the work schedule for this position will take place under the State of Minnesota approved telecommuting policies. This temporary position offers no state benefits.
How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact [email protected]
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email [email protected] Please indicate what assistance you need.