Resident Assistant/Screening Assistant
Silver Bay - Minnesota (MN),
State of Minnesota
Estimated salary $15.02 - $19.05 an hour
This job posting will be use to fill one temporary full time Resident Assistant/ Screening Assistant vacancy within the Minnesota Veterans Home - Silver Bay. This includes working every other weekend. The anticipated duration of this temporary positions is six months.
This position ensures all employees, visitors, vendors, and volunteers are properly screened for COVID-19 signs and symptoms, and high-risk travel, prior to entering a Minnesota Veterans Home.
- Ability to follow directions sufficient to apply standard criteria consistently and accurately
- Basic skills in assessing health status, such as: asking questions, taking temperatures, and observing overall health/appearance
- Decision making skills sufficient to determine when triage to supervisor is required
- Human relations skills sufficient to interact in a professional and calm demeanor with a variety individuals
- Effective communication skills
- Willingness to screen people, while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, who may be infected/communicable
- Education in a health care related field
- Experience in a health care related field
- Experience in a security related field
- Experience in a safety related field
Performs a variety of movements throughout the shift such as walking, standing, sitting, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, lifting, carrying, reaching, grasping, pushing, and pulling.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
- A Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) background check will be conducted on all finalists for this position. Finalists must pass the DHS background check
- A Tuberculosis (Mantoux) screening (or chest x-ray) is required prior to employment
- Employee reference checks will be conducted on all finalists. This may include a review of documentation related to job performance. It also includes contact with the applicant's former
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Located on the scenic North Shore overlooking Lake Superior, the Minnesota Veterans Home – Silver Bay provides skilled nursing care for 83 residents in a small town environment. All staff are committed to providing high quality care and services to the residents by following a person-centered social model of care for all residents. Residents’ needs are met by our caring professional interdisciplinary staff, providing 24-hour health care. The team works together to provide residents with programs individually designed to meet their physical, psycho-social and spiritual needs. Our location is 60 miles north of Duluth, MN.
How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers
If you have questions about the position, contact Carrie Ernest at [email protected] or 612-214-7231
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email [email protected] Please indicate what assistance you need.