Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
Wayzata - Minnesota (MN), 55391
Copeland Buhl & Company, PLLP
Since 1971, we've delivered expert tax, accounting and IT services with a personal touch. At Copeland Buhl, our team members are what keep our clients coming back, and we strive to find employees that are the right fit for our team. If you're passionate about payroll, benefits, and HR and enjoy helping people and businesses succeed, then we want to hear from you!
A career at Copeland Buhl is an opportunity for lifelong success in a fun, flexible and rewarding environment. If you're an experienced Payroll & Benefits Coordinator with a strong technical background who enjoys working directly with employees, we look forward to seeing how your previous experience and expertise will improve our team.
As a Payroll & Benefits Coordinator at Copeland Buhl, you will work closely with our HR department, processing payroll and administering our benefits. You will be a one stop shop for our employees when they have payroll and benefits questions, and will assist the HR department as needed with various tasks.
- Prepare Excel workbook for bi-weekly payroll. Enter employee time sheet data, checking for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze overtime/PTO/holiday hours to ensure overtime accuracy.
- Administer employee leaves of absence with 3rd party vendors, including deduction changes and catch-up, PIP/PTO use, etc.
- Manage all payroll
- Track employee eligibility and enrollment process.
- Work with benefit broker and benefit vendors to ensure benefit plans are meeting company and employee needs.
- Work closely with HR department during open enrollment period to ensure benefit updates are accurately inputted into payroll system.
- Update benefit vendors with changes.
- Obtain and audit/reconcile monthly benefit vendor invoices for accuracy.
- Other benefits duties and data compilation when necessary.
- Manage employee data in HRIS system.
- Ensure new hire and termination checklists are completed. .
- Assist in recruiting duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of payroll and benefits administration experience.
- Experience processing payroll in a multi-state environment.
- High school diploma or GED. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience working in HRIS and payroll systems.