Zumbrota - Minnesota (MN),
Area Manager (Target Compensation of $70K to $90K with base plus bonus)
Grow your career with a company focused on Products/People/Passion.
As the Area Manager of your local depot, you will be a part of the Schwan’s legacy that grew from “one-man-and-one-truck” to a multibillion-dollar company with locations nationwide. Our delivery of quality foods and excellent customer service starts with you and your team.
As the Area Manager, you will motivate your route team to safely deliver world-class customer service and sales growth. You will ensure efficient route operations that best leverage your available assets and resources. The goals for you and your team are focused on safety, people, service, quality, cost, and growth.
Area Managers earn $70K to $90K annually with a base salary and bonus opportunity. Schwan’s Company also offers great benefits including paid vacation and holidays, health, vision, and dental plans, 401k with a company contribution, an employee discount, and more. Successful Area Managers are poised for career growth as Zone Managers, Zone Logistics Managers, Division Vice Presidents, and a variety of corporate roles in safety, service, operations, and more.
Tasks you will perform in this leadership position include:
- Implement delivery and service standards that ensure a world-class customer experience
- Lead one or more profit centers which may be in one or more physical locations
- Enforce safety standards within your depot; drive accountability of safe behaviors by coaching your team members and identify and remove risks
- Manage your team’s development, executing excellent performance management, offering coaching, and creating a culture where people like to work
- Recruit, interview, hire, on-board, and train new team members to set them up for long-term success
- Ensure successful customer service delivery as well as recovery – you will be your area’s point of contact for customer service communication and issue resolution with customers and the company call center
- Manage route productivity and asset/resource utilization; lead sales performance within an area of approximately $2-$6 million per year and you may oversee more than one location; maintain productive route structure by ensuring effective work hours and expectations are met, as well as route sequence integrity
- Effectively cascade key messages on areas of focus and strategic priority for the business and lead the team through changes
- Oversee the warehouse team to ensure execution of efficient warehouse operations; manage fleet assets for the location, including compliance with pre- & post-trip inspections, utilization of PM schedule, repair/maintenance breakdown pick-up, etc.)
- Conduct essential administrative duties such as payroll, banking, equipment support, resource scheduling, and daily reporting
- Review financial reporting/KPIs to make informed decisions on cost controls, route productivity, product inventory controls, maintenance of assets, depot supplies, profitability, etc.
- Implement and maintain compliance with all government and corporate programs and policies