Log/Warehouse Clerk - Assoc
Flowood - Mississippi (MS), 39232
Estimated salary $25.60 - $27.31 an hour
Join Our Community of Food People!Perform activities to support all aspects of shipping & receiving work to ensure timely delivery of inbound freight and to schedule incoming goods against known capacities. Activities include data entry of shipping/receiving information, preparation and distribution of related reports, or file/record maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule receiving appointments with vendors for all inbound freight. Prepare and update Delivery Appointment sheet daily for receiving department.
- Responsible for accurate data entry.
- Prepare in-bound documents.
- Assign receiving doors for inbound carriers.
- Enter in all Purchase Orders and verify all PO’s have been cleared by end of day.
- Manage discrepancy report.
- Schedule all backhauls by coordinating with the Buying department;
- File out of stock and damage claims.
Internal : Department staff, purchasing department
External : Carrier, vendors
Education/Training : High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Related Experience : A minimum of one year experience with warehouse & delivery procedures required.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities : Must be able to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally, have excellent telephone skills, strong math skills, excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, basic computer skills, and good analytical skills. Must be able to resolve problems and prioritize workload.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***