Branson - Missouri (MO), 65616
Herschend Family Entertainment
This is a full time hours, year round position.
Please submit resume to be considered for this position.
Summary: Is safety your top priority? We are now looking for Officers with previous experience in law enforcement. MO POST certified (or other state equivalent) is a plus. We employ a variety of professionals from PRNs who work a few select days to full-time employees who launched their careers with our company. As a Safety and Security Officer for Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO, you will have the chance to interact with thousands of guests each day, ensuring their safety as they enjoy our beautiful, 26 acre 1880s themed rides and attractions. You may also assist in maintaining the safety of cash handling facilities, inspect buildings/structures, and provide EMS assistance as needed. These are just a few of the important duties that our Officers perform to create a safe and secure environment for guests and employees.
- Free admission to Herschend Family Entertainment theme parks and water parks
- Complimentary Silver Dollar City Attractions tickets to share with your favorite people
- Access to a low-cost health clinic, which features a full-service doctor’s office
- Free or reduced admission to many local shows and attractions, plus other local discounts
- Discounts on food, merchandise and lodging at Herschend Family Entertainment properties
- Eligible full-time employees also receive health insurance, profit sharing and 401(k)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide appropriate response to operating needs of our customers
- Identify and initiate immediate corrective actions to deviations in safety and security compliance
- Provide support to ensure safe operation of cash handling facilities
- Take ownership of all sector related incidents by responding immediately to take corrective actions
- Audit/inspect buildings and structures for fire hazards and other loss producing conditions
- Audit/inspect/maintain all Park fire protection equipment and systems
- Provide EMS assistance as needed
- Encourage those responsible to make decisions and take action
- Conduct business in a professional manner consistent with our culture, beliefs, and values
- Provide and participate in technical skill development
- Develop and maintain effective channels of communication
- Develop and maintain positive inter-divisional working relationships
- Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Disabled/ Veterans
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word Excel and Outlook.
- State certified EMS 1st responder preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required. Class E Missouri driver’s license or resident state equivalent preferred.
- Two years law enforcement experience required.
- Missouri POST certified preferred.
Must be at least 18 years of age.