Joplin - Missouri (MO),
Thermal Engineering Int'l (USA)
Plan, direct, or coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in according with Safety, cost, quality, and quality specifications.
- Direct and coordinate production, processing, distribution and marketing activities of industrial organization.
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constrains.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Assist in the hiring process, train evaluate, and discharge staff, and resolve personal grievances.
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Prepare and maintain production reports.
- Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Initiate and coordinate inventory and cost control programs.
- Institute employee suggestion or involvement programs.
- Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials in use, technological advances, and statistical studies.
- Review plans and confer with research and support staff to develop new cost saving processes.
- Assist in the development of manufacturing budgets for supplies, materials, and Human Resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Change Management – Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Coaching and Development – Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skills areas.
- Resource Management (Equipment) – Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilitates and materials.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following Company procedures.
- Delegating Responsibility – Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following Company procedures.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Deductive Reasoning – Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her behavior. Accepts responsibility for starting, controlling, and conducting job tasks and assignments.
- Energetic – Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality of work.
- Leadership – Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Risk Taker – Ability to take calculated risk or to stretch the limits of comfort zones.
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Training – Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of wok performance.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Self-Confident – The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Management Skills – Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively Supervise others.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Other Physical Requirements:
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hearing and eye Protection)
- Manufacturing Environment. Employee will be faced with working in temperature extremes, hazards from things like lasers or welding arc, or other environmental hazards.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and/or two to four years Supervisory Experience.
- Two to four years Supervisory Experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites