Legal Practice Assistant/Paralegal
Kansas City - Missouri (MO),
We are seeking a Legal Practice Assistant/Paralegal to join the team in the Kansas City office. Our legal practice assistants/paralegals perform substantive, valuable work, and are critical to our client service mission. Our offices are located in Crown Center close to restaurants, the street car, and shopping. We offer a friendly and collaborative work environment, and casual dress.
- Prepare initial drafts of legal documents for attorney review. Organize, review, revise and assemble all documents necessary to complete financing transactions. May conduct research, speak with clients, arrange for internal resources when necessary, and review various documentation to obtain necessary information.
- Simultaneously coordinate and track multiple transaction schedules at once to ensure draft and final document delivery in an accurate and timely manner. Assemble documents for signature and coordinate execution of documents.
- Interact with clients and other transaction participants in a professional and courteous manner by phone, email, letters, or in person.
- Maintain and monitor files in an organized fashion including updating Firm’s document management system and legal software system.
- Perform other clerical duties which may include scanning, scheduling, making travel arrangements, answering calls, composing routine correspondence, preparing slide decks, and printing and scanning documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 or more years related experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications: Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high levels of customer service to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Professional and collaborative attitude. Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Proven organizational skills in a fast-paced environment; ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Independent, action-oriented thinker who is able to successfully undertake and complete projects and major tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- General understanding of laws and ability to understand written legal material.
- Paralegal certification
- Billing software experience
- Document management experience
Applications have rights under Federal Employment Laws: FMLA; EEO; EPPA