PRN - Speech Pathologist
Kansas City - Missouri (MO),
Truman Medical Centers
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best possible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, teamwork and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC’s tagline is: “Better. For Everyone.” It is a simple statement, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Plans, organizes and conducts medically prescribed speech pathology programs to all patient populations in order restore the communicative function of patients with a wide variety of speech and language disorders, cognitive dysfunctions, oral motor disorders and dysphagia. Works independently, seeks supervision when necessary.
- Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Must maintain Missouri Speech Pathologist License
- Must be eligible to participate in a clinical fellowship year or have a Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech and Hearing Association
- Verbal and written communication skills required to discuss and document treatment programs and work issues.
- Must maintain certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support for continued employment.