Mail Operations Clerk
Lee's Summit - Missouri (MO),
Estimated salary $15 an hour
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Mail Operations Clerk will report to the Membership & Enrollment Supervisor and is responsible for the overall day-to-day mail room processing functionality.
- Provides general clerical and administrative support to MES team. 5%
- Sort and collate mail, assist with distribution of mail to other mailroom staff. 15%
- Open envelopes, disposing of junk mail and date stamp all incoming mail. 15%
- Separate mail into MA/IFP and further sort into returned letters, claims, bills, ID cards/welcome kits, payments and misc. items. 15%
- Complete returned mail, contacting customer via email/phone/USPS/social media to obtain correct, current address. 10%
- Update address in systems when applicable, documenting updates into all relevant systems to ensure QA guidelines are followed. 3%
- Fold letters, circulars, or other documents and insert into envelopes for re-distribution to customers. 7%
- Weigh mail to determine correct postage and stamp mail with postage meters. 8%
- Arrange for pickup of outgoing mail via special delivery and record registered mail with tracking numbers as directed. 3%
- Stock copy rooms and printing devices, and ensure office is adequately stocked with mail supplies. 2%
- Use fax and scanning machines as necessary. 10%
- Assist MES with posting of premiums to accounts, validating amounts, entering data into systems, and ensuring complete accuracy. 2%
- Assist MES with refund generation, validating amounts, entering data into systems, and ensuring complete accuracy. 2%
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree preferred; Applicable experience in lieu of Degree required. Two (2) years of relevant clerical, enrollment and/or billing experience required.
- One (1) year of professional experience with strong proficiency in Microsoft applications required
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.