COVID-19 Contact Tracer as needed
Ozark - Missouri (MO), 65721
Christian County Health Department
Christian County Health Department
POSITION TITLE: Contact Tracer for COVID-19 as needed
PROGRAM: Communicable Disease
The Christian County Health Department (CCHD) is hiring, training, and supervising a temporary contact tracing team in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This team is critical in minimizing disease transmission and slowing outbreak progression in the community. Additionally, it allows the team to provide individuals with the education and support to protect themselves and their families. Through the contact tracing process, individuals are provided with education and guidance to: understand their risk of illness; quarantine themselves from others who are not exposed; monitor themselves for illness; and minimize the possibility that they could spread infection to others.
The aim of the contact tracing team will be to interview persons identified as household or non-household close contacts to confirmed or probable cases of COVID-19. Contact tracing interviews/phone calls will consist of: ascertaining contacts’ symptoms and risk, gathering further information on exposure, providing guidance on minimizing their risk of potential transmission, explaining the contacts’ quarantine responsibility and the details and processes for contact monitoring. These efforts will lead to more targeted testing, improved communication with individuals in the community, a more successful implementation of quarantine, and ultimately, better control of the pandemic in Christian County.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1) Follow policies and procedures provided by CCHD staff, and comply with CCHD training regarding confidential information related to personal information.
2) Call and communicate, in a professional and empathetic manner, with household and non-household close contacts of COVID-19 patients.
3) Provide contacts, as applicable, with approved information about quarantine procedures, testing resources, and contact monitoring procedures.
4) Inform citizens on the importance of quarantine requirements and steps to follow if symptoms develop.
5) Support those under isolation or quarantine to meet basic needs in conjunction with health department leadership.
6) Record information as advised by health department staff.
7) Report appropriate information to CCHD leadership to assist with decision-making, situational awareness, and appropriate interventions to control outbreaks.
8) Maintain daily communication with CCHD supervisory staff on activities and tasks.
9) Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
Relevant experience related to the position and an understanding of health and disease.
Exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic.
Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress.
Exhibit an ability to speak, read, and write English.
Exhibit sound critical thinking and judgement skills.
Exhibit the ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
Exhibit proficiency with computers and software programs.
Be available some weekend and evenings if necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidates must be at least 18-years old and possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
The contact tracing team will consist of employees hired on a temporary basis to help CCHD in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Contact tracers may work up to 40 hours per week depending on caseload. The exact number of hours needed will be based on the needs of the health department. Some evenings and weekends may be mandatory. All hours of work will be performed at the health department. This will not be a remote position.
Job Type: Temporary, as needed, and non-remote
Pay: $15.00 per hour without benefits
· Typically, Monday through Friday
· Potentially Some Evenings
· Potentially Some Weekends
High school or equivalent (Required)
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Day shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Ozark, MO 65721 (Required)
- English (Required)
- One location