Communications Specialist Part-Time - Nights Weekends Holida...
St. Louis - Missouri (MO), 63141
- Job ID: 1196670
- Effectively manage high volume of incoming calls from patients and healthcare facilities, providing exceptional customer service to ensure a high level of satisfaction for our patients, practices, and providers.
- Identify and address caller questions and concerns, resolving issues when possible and routing requests and messages to appropriate provider and support staff.
- Maintains accountability for accurate data entry in the electronic health record and maintains patient privacy and security as outlined by HIPAA.
- Assists patient with scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling appointments. Obtain necessary patient information, such as demographics and insurance information, and ensure that it is properly processed and recorded.
- Works closely with clinical team to address patient symptoms based calls and facilitate medication refills, as well as consulting with and educating customers to achieve beneficial outcomes for their healthcare needs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years
- No Experience Benefits Statement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
Employment Status: Part-Time
BJC Medical Group is a dynamic, multidisciplinary group with locations across the St. Louis metropolitan and outlying areas. The physicians, providers and staff of BJC Medical Group provide the highest level of care to thousands of patients every day.
Responsible for answering high volume inbound calls from patients and other customer communications for primary care and specialty providers within the BJC Medical Group. This role utilizes an electronic health record and communication methods to ensure accurate and complete information is shared, contributing to the coordination of outpatient care.
Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings