St. Louis - Missouri (MO), 63102
Full-time employment opportunity with a dynamic and multi-faceted resource for economic development in the St. Louis region.
Since 1950, we have partnered with private and public organizations on hundreds of projects that have created thousands of jobs on both sides of the Mississippi River.
BSD operates with a focus on making a positive impact on the region and the nation, better connecting the Bi-State area to the rest of the world. We are impacting neighborhoods, large and small, in Illinois and in Missouri, with investments that are shaped by our unique perspective of the region and its potential.
Why Work Here
- Work for a company that strives to make a positive impact in the region
- Earn a competitive salary
- Free access to 9 gyms at our facilities 24-7 and Personal Trainers available upon request
- Discounted memberships with Club Fitness & Golds Gyms
- Wellness program that provides free health screenings
- Discounted wireless phone service
- Free MetroLink and MetroBus access
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage effective on your 1st day
- 4 weeks earned PTO
- Your Birthday is a floating holiday
- Company sponsored 401k plan
- Employee assistance program
- Eligible for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program
To provide leadership and overall direction for Metro’s Warehouses. Inventory is in excess of $10 million dollars and 25K SKU’s. Directs through supervisors, the work of the department to provide high level of customer satisfaction through excellence in receiving, warehousing, and distribution of product while maintaining an effective internal control structure and a 98% inventory accuracy. This includes all parts for maintenance of rolling stock as well as Maintenance of Way (MOW) and facilities. MOW includes parts for Communications, Signals, Substations, Catenary and Track. Ensure accurate and reliable operating data and accounting reports. Insure a safe working environment; Assists with the Materials Department’s annual operating budget.
- Organize work processes, methods and procedures to achieve efficient operations: establish and monitor controls to evaluate unit performance: take appropriate action to correct performance and to adjust output to meet requirements. Protect assets against theft and waste. Develop and maintain effective policies and procedures to ensure all transactions are accounted for correctly and timely. Directs staff to ensure scheduled satellite storeroom replenishments by, scheduling, planning, and organizing MRP generated replenishment pick deliveries.
- Directs positions and personnel effectively to make best use of employee; select employees and develop their capabilities; counsel employees effectively; administer discipline; handle human resource matters in accordance with Metro policy and procedures.
- Establish work standards and schedules and ensure their effective implementation in the department; assign work to employees and train employees in work procedures and methods; review
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of materials management system, warehousing, MRP II, inventory control methods, and record processing.
- Proficient in developing budgets, safety management, developing standards, managing processes, surveillance skills, inventory control, reporting skills, analyzing information, and good judgement.
- Must be knowledgeable in computer applications pertaining to materials management systems.
- Ability to establish policies and procedures, evaluate program effectiveness, supervise and evaluate the work of employees.
- Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing and interact effectively with management
- Degree: Bachelor's Degree Required.
- Years: Five (5) minimum required.
- Field: Inventory/Warehousing, Materials Management
Bi-State Development is committed to providing an Equal Employment Opportunity experience for all employees, applicants, vendors and customers with an environment free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.