St. Louis - Missouri (MO),
The Habitat Company
We are seeking a polished, outgoing, enthusiastic Leasing Consultant at Parkview Apartments in St. Louis, MO
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
The Leasing Consultant is the property's sales representative whose primary duties are to greet prospects, to present professionally the features and benefits of their assigned property and properly secure lease agreements from qualified persons. The Leasing Consultant is very service-oriented and strives to make current residents feel welcome and comfortable at their property.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Qualify and determine needs and preferences of prospective residents, professionally presenting the property and specific apartments while outlining features and benefits.
- Assist prospects with completing applications, process criminal background/credit checks on applicants, and notify prospective residents of results.
- Complete online guest cards for all prospects, send thank-you notes and perform follow-up correspondence.
- Maintain a professional, yet friendly atmosphere in the leasing office and other areas where prospective residents and current residents meet.
- Answer incoming calls and respond accordingly, whether it is a prospect or resident call. Transfer calls when appropriate.
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions/trends, new social media channels/trends, and contributing ideas about new marketing channels to the community manager to better market the community and guarantee resident satisfaction.
- Prepare miscellaneous communication, as needed.
- Physically inspect property when showing apartments and report any service needs to maintenance staff; inspect
- Experience in sales or customer service industry or previous leasing or real estate sales experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Expertise in verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Yardi skills, including processing guest cards, setting up accounts and processing applications and move-ins, preferred.
- Fair Housing certification, NALP or other professional coursework focusing on leasing and fair housing preferred.
- Some college and experience in the real estate field preferred.
- Certified Occupancy Specialist preferred.
We operate in an environment where diversity is valued and individual initiative is rewarded. The scale of our portfolio offers challenges and opportunities for individuals who are looking to further their careers with an innovative company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit package along with development and growth opportunities.
The Habitat Company is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity