High School Art Teacher 2020-2021-126
Belgrade - Montana (MT), 59714
Belgrade Public Schools
Estimated salary $18 an hour
Position: High School Art Teacher 2020-2021-126
Reports to: Building Principal
Location: High School
Start Date: January 25, 2021
Status: 5 FTE teaching
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
Essential Job Duties
- Develops and administers high school curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of the school system.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures student conduct conforms to the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other middle school professional staff members, especially within grade level, to evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Supervises students in activities that take place out of the classroom during the school day, including activities involving school transportation.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with District testing programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of high school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Skill in classroom instruction.
- Skill in operating equipment used in a classroom setting, including a computer; planning and managing projects.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining accurate records; and using pertinent software applications.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Current Montana Certification in Art Education.
- Successful experience teaching and working with children/students.
- Successful experience teaching high school students.
Uses standard classroom equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Physical and Mental Demands and Work Hazards
- Performs routine classroom related work.
- Regularly works inside.
- Frequently required to work at fast pace.
- Possess a comfort with ambiguity.
- Exposed to minimal temperature variations.
- Generally hazard free environment.
- Carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing, frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling.
- Significant fine finger dexterity.
- Requires considerable concentration and creativity.
- The environment can be stressful due to the nature of the work.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequently required to sit, occasionally walk and stand and reach with hands or arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to be able to hear conversations in loud and quiet environments.
- May be required to lift or carry up to 10-30 pounds routinely with or without an accommodation.
- The employee frequently works within time constraints and must maintain attentiveness intensity.
- Frequently involved in interactions which require oral and written communications.
- Exercises flexibility and the ability to shift from one task to another.
- Occasional travel/mobility between schools, or between schools and the Administration office, may be required.
- Effective hearing and speech abilities.
- Subject to stress caused by a changing environment, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines and work load, but must be able to maintain work/life balance amidst intense work demands.
The duties, physical demands, work-environment characteristics, and mental/motor demands described within this vacancy announcement are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with compliance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.