Belgrade - Montana (MT), 59714
First Interstate Bank
You believe customer service begins with exceeding customer expectations and are committed to the First Interstate Bank’s Service Commitments. You embrace change as an essential function of growth and the opportunity to learn excites you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Process a variety of routine financial transactions including check cashing, withdrawals, deposits, credit card and loan payments; and, balance a cash drawer or vault.
- Answers questions and/or resolves complex technical problems on customer accounts.
- Actively learns, demonstrates and fosters First Interstate Bank corporate culture in all actions and words.
- Take personal initiative and are a positive example for others to emulate.
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function. Knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training.
- Complete all required training and keep up to date with procedural changes.
- Embrace First Interstate Bank Vision and Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION &/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required; experience in a retail environment and/or cash handling experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Attention to detail including verbal and written instructions; maintain confidentiality; effective use of tact and diplomacy as it relates to clients and co-workers;
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk & use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.