Belgrade - Montana (MT), 59714
Our people, philosophy and the way we do business have positioned Stockman Bank as Montana’s premier financial center for business leaders, agriculture operators, commercial developers and real estate owners. We are a Montana-born company, built on western values, focused on creating long-standing relationships through integrity, expertise and results. Our offices are locally managed and community-oriented, allowing us to best serve our customers. Our workforce is well trained and competent and our work environment encourages productivity, personal growth and job satisfaction.
Position General Responsibilities:
This position will assist the Lending Officers (Ag, Commercial and Consumer). It is accountable for loan processing and for relieving the officers of administrative detail, including tickler file and other varied secretarial and clerical duties as may be designated.
Education, Experience and Certification Requirements
Note: Only minimum responsibilities are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management.
- 2-year college level course of study in Business Administration and/or financial institution
- or related field experience or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and professionalism.
- Must be able to work independently and to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Previous Loan Processing Experience.
- Knowledge of all types of consumer deposit and loan accounts.
- 1-3 yrs experience in sales and servicing of multiple financial services and products.
Position Specific Responsibilities, Duties and Competencies
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review loan requests and submit to Central Loan Processing for documentation preparation.
- Work with Central Loan Processing in preparing and processing commercial, consumer, agriculture and construction loan documentation.
- Print and assemble loan documents for Lending Officers.
- Book loan documents.
- Disburse funds/fees for all Installment loan files.
- Perfect and track loan documentation, including but not limited to the following: UCC, EFS, Brand Lien, Assignment of Government Payments, BLM and DNRC Lien Notices, Assignment of Indemnity, Assignments of Life Insurance, Contract for Deed, Security Instruments, Deposit Accounts, Vehicle lien filings, etc.
- File mortgages, review title policies for vesting and legal descriptions, etc.
- Scan Critical Loan documents to Central Office/Operations.
- Track paid loans and mail original “paid” loan documents to customers.
- Understand and comply with Stockman Bank lending policies and procedures for commercial, construction and consumer loans.
- Handle mail, filing, correspondence and photocopying for all documentation in loan files.
- Build and maintain loan files; follow through when loans close for proper preparation, storage and purging of files.
- Process paid and renewed notes
- Receive and make loan advance requests, payments and corrections.
- Maintain and monitor tickler system for loans.
- Process and monitor loan checklists
- Maintain insurance for all loans.
- Work with tellers to ensure loan payments are coded properly
- Review and submit Adverse Action Notices; print and send notice to customer
- Process loan TMS requests, including payments, reversals, waive late charges and corrections.
- Provide quality customer service in relation to any loan issue/inquiry.
- Request Credit Reports, Lien Searches, Business Entity and Registered Principal Searches as needed for loan Documentation in files.
- Service and monitor loan portfolio for compliance with bank policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Quote loan payoffs as needed; monitor lien filings; order appraisals, lien searches, and title commitments. Contact insurance companies as deemed necessary.
- Liaison with FSA and maintain files, correspondence and all documentation for FSA loans.
- Secretarial Support
- Greet and assist customers.
- Answer phones, take messages and assist with general account information.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Promote the improvement of Stockman Bank through quality customer service, promotion of products, professionalism in conduct and diligent work ethic.
- Greet all customers pleasantly and make them feel welcome and comfortable.
- Handle transaction quickly and professionally.
- Effectively handle customer questions and problems.
- Use effective listening and observing skills to help identify and resolves customer needs.
- Spot sales opportunities and refer business consistently.
- Cross-sell other services whenever the opportunity arises.
- Keep up to date on pricing and products.
- Relay customer comments and or complaints to the Operations Officer immediately.
- Participate in community events and organization to help promote Stockman Bank.
Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures that apply to and concern this position’s area of responsibility, including general regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and various other Federal and State regulations as they apply.
Physical and Mental Demands (The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Occasionally = 0-33% of shift Frequently = 34-66% of shift Constantly = 67-100% of shift
Constant lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. with frequent lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs. Constantly required to hear, talk, write, read, keyboard/computer entry, reach, stretch, work under time constraints with needed ability for task management flexibility and to perform routine duties with attention for details. Constant abilities used/required on the job are mathematics, memory, reasoning, estimating, problem-solving and exercising judgment.
Frequently stand, walk or sit, while requiring oral and written communications with customers and transactions with guidance available.
Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Infrequently climb (up ladders, etc.), balance (to reach items) or drive a car.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Constantly works with others, around others and with customers and the public. Constantly works indoors, in confined areas and is exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
Frequently works around noise (moderate level). The employee must have the ability to focus on tasks and customers while hearing teller machines (of other tellers), conversations of others, coin sorter, music, phones etc., in a confined area.
Infrequently the employee works alone and also works near moving objects. The employee is also infrequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Company Functions and Expectations:
Has the technical knowledge and analytical skills to fulfill job duties in a positive manner. Keeps abreast of new and changing developments in industry/field especially as it pertains to the individual’s position. Has the ability to analyze situation and react accordingly.
Expresses information/thoughts clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form. Keeps communication channels open with subordinates and supervisors. Responds promptly to calls or inquiries in a courteous and professional manner. Communication is effective and efficient.
Establishes priorities, sets goals and meets deadlines in an accurate and efficient manner. Organizes overall workflow and working area. Quickly identifies problems, makes timely decisions and notifies affected personnel. Plans effectively to ensure timely completion of duties.
Is willing to assist others to ensure deadlines are met. Provides assistance to less experienced personnel when needed. Informs appropriate personnel of significant issues in a timely manner. Works well in group environment and with supervisor.
Models professionalism by addressing others with appropriate actions and appearance within professional boundaries.
Customer Service Culture
Employees will strive for outstanding, professional and courteous service to our customers and anyone who visits our facility.