Big Sky - Montana (MT), 59716
Lone Peak Physical Therapy
Join our team as a Performance Coach at Lone Peak Performance an elite training facility that utilizes a fully integrated approach, performance data and measurements to optimize results and outcomes for clients in beautiful Big Sky, MT. Big Sky is an energetic, rural mountain town located one (1) hour from Bozeman, MT.
The Performance Coach is responsible for guiding clients on their journey to reach their personal fitness goals, and must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to provide safe and effective exercise and fitness program design, instruction and assistance for the purpose of reaching personal health and fitness goals.
The position will use strong customer service skills to engage with clients and answer questions about gym equipment, exercises, products and services offered, general health questions and more.
The is a full-time position; schedule is as follows:
- 40 Hours Per Week - M/W: 8a – 6p; T/TH: 11:00a - 7:00p; F: 7:00a – 11:00a. Essential Job Functions
- Provide personal evaluations to clients on their fitness level by reviewing their abilities, physical condition and overall health to ensure that all fitness plans are suitable.
- Work with individuals and groups to create fitness routines that assist clients in reaching their fitness goals while remaining suitable to their current physical abilities.
- Teach clients on the proper techniques for all exercises, especially when using more complicated equipment, to minimize the risk of injury.
- Monitor clients on their status and make changes to their individual fitness plans based on any physical changes and increased or decreased fitness levels.
- Collaborate with Physical Therapists, Performance Coaches, Exercise Physiologists, and Client Coordinators to get the best results for our clients.
- Enforce all gym policies and safety rules to reduce the chance of any accidents and to maintain a safe and comfortable environment in which clients can exercise.
- Inform clients on other healthy lifestyle changes to complement their fitness goals, such as a healthier diet.
- Perform emergency first aid or CPR when needed, including treating minor injuries with
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, trainers must have the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, and stand for long periods of time. In addition, trainers move heavy equipment and lift clients or help them turn, stand, or walk.
- Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology preferred, with a background in Exercise Science.
- CPT or NASM certifications, required.
- CSCS certification, preferred.
- CPR/AED Certified upon hire.
- An ability to design individual and group exercise programs tailored to the needs and attainable goals of specific clients.
- An ability to conduct and understand the need and importance of screening and client assessment, initially and progressively.
- A desire to help clients reach their health and fitness goals through appropriate cardiovascular, flexibility and resistance exercise.
- An ability to motivate others to improve their overall fitness and health.
- A dedication to maintaining personal integrity and your own health and fitness.
Job Type: Full-time
- Master's (Preferred)
- Big Sky, MT (Required)
- CPT (Required)
- CSCS (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture