LOUNGE FLOOR RUNNER
Billings - Montana (MT), 59105
This position is accountable for the following areas: Exceptional customer service, cash handling and accounting, may operate a cash register, stocking, pricing, rotating, and displaying of bar inventories. Housekeeping inside and outside of casino. Efficiency mixing and completing drink orders. Assisting casino cashiers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Remember regular customer's names and faces and monitor legal age requirements.
- Wearing the uniform and keeping your appearance neat and clean.
- Accurate and effective completion of shift paper work.
- Ability to accurately make change and account for large amounts of cash.
- Suggest selling and helping customers with gaming machine operations.
- Clean rest rooms, ashtrays, dusting, windows, floors, emptying trash cans, dishes, cleaning tables, and messes of others.
- Use of fire extinguishes and other safety equipment.
- Waiting on customers playing games and at the tables.
- Vendor-check in procedures.
- Cleaning games and keep bar furniture neatly arranged.
- Listening and handling customer complaints.
- Use of safety manual, and casino rest room logs.
- Casino Safety and security.
- Answer and screening telephone calls.
- Stocking, pricing, receiving, and rotating of bar products and supplies, to include changing out kegs.
- Advises manager of any personnel situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on casino operating performance.
- Greets customer, verifies that customer is of age and takes order.
- Fills glass of beer from tap.
- Hands out buffet coupons, plates, and silverware to machine players.
- Obtains food order, delivers to restaurant, picks up food, and delivers to customer.
- Obtains (from cooler) and opens cans and bottles of beer, pop, and wine.
- Prepares blended wine drinks to order.
- Distributes drinks to customers.
- Makes change, receive payments for drinks, etc., operates cash register, and tallies transactions.
- Assists patrons in verifying wins; records and makes payouts to gambling machine winners.
- Washes glassware and cleans bar and work area.
- Picks up empty glasses, pitchers, cans, bottles, and litter; empties ashtrays into proper receptacles.
- Fills and carries bucket of ice from icemaker to bar.
- Repairs and resets signs.
- Changes tape (paper) in gambling machines.
- Calls maintenance person or gaming machine company to repair machines or assist with changing the paper or ribbons.
- Replenishes beer in cooler.
- Vacuums casino floor.
- Mops and sweeps floor behind bar.
- Shovels snow and sweeps parking lots and sidewalks.
- Changes out soda premix syrup boxes.
- Changes taps on kegs of beer and removes empty kegs.
- Any other job duties as assigned by supervisors.
Basic Statement of Functions
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must
Job Specifications (Qualifications)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 6 months of related experience in area of bartending; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to work with customers and co-workers. Require ability to perform basic math computations at the 8th grade level.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Require ability to read, write, understand, and speak English;
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate a personal computer and ability to learn basic software.
- Ability to operate a ten key calculator with accuracy and speed.
- Ability to be courteous and timely when interacting with customers.
- Ability to prepare mixed drinks and take multiple drink orders.
- Ability to perform basic math computations at the 8th grade level.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of customer service at your Casino.
- Ability to provide planning, leadership, organization, and insure follow-ups in all areas of casino control.
- Ability to work with the public and be a team player while on shift.
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment by adhering to the 50 lb. lifting requirement. Items exceeding this amount should be lifted per safety manual (dolly).
- Ability to provide service per Town Pump, Inc. standards, policies, and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 30 lb. regularly and 50 lb. occasionally. Items exceeding this limit should be lifted per the safety manual instructions with a dolly (i.e., Kegs, Gaming machines, etc.)
- Ability to work in coolers and/or freezers up to one hour.
ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in an environment with both frequent interruptions and customer interactions.