Bozeman - Montana (MT), 59715
Intrepid Credit Union
Responsible for performing a broad variety of member services, including accepting incoming consumer loan applications through walk-in, online, inbound and outbound calls; signing and funding approved applications, opening and closing of accounts including CDs and IRAs, assisting members with questions, and cross-sells appropriate Credit Union products and services. Is regularly the primary contact for many members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the effective and professional performance of the functions described below:
- Receives members personally or by telephone and resolves member requests and questions promptly and courteously; performs interviews with members to either directly assist, or determine most appropriate route of assistance for the member or potential member;
- Conducts outbound calls to members to grow business and promote products and services while maintaining the highest ethical standards and always working in our member and credit unions best interest.
- Gathers basic loan and financial information; presenting and explaining Credit Union services and products to members and potential members; provides basic financial counseling and assists in guiding them to the proper resources to meet their financial needs;
- Interviews and assists members with accurate and complete applications for loans and other products and services. Receives, reviews and processes appropriate loan paperwork. Determines appropriate loan alternatives according to the needs and abilities of the Member;
- Receives, reviews and submits applications to underwriter;
- Calculates terms, finance charges, insurance premiums, etc. on loans for proper disclosure on promissory notes;
- Disburses loans promptly and accurately, and assists in the maintenance of loan accounts (loading data, etc.);
- Opens and closes all account types and continuously works with the maintenance of such accounts; performs file maintenance on all types of accounts;
- Ensures that service requests and interview information is properly documented and that services are provided in accordance with established Credit Union policies and are in compliance with all applicable legal regulations;
- Assists with maintaining CD and IRA accounts and answers members IRA and CD questions;
- Complies with BSA and other applicable laws, rules and regulations; submits CTRs, SARs and makes other reports as required and appropriate.
- Actively and professionally cross-sells Credit Union products and services.
- Promotes a team atmosphere within the Credit Union and functional area. Attends meetings as required.
- Delivers exceptional member service.
- Experience reading credit bureau information.
- Good math, organizational, business writing skills, and attention to detail required.
- Ability to type and operate general office equipment and computer software required.
- General knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Prior experience conducting customer needs analysis.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of one-year similar customer service-type experience in the financial industry required.
- Excellent communication and marketing skills required.
- Prior experience completing loan and other financial product applications, and gathering financial background information.
- Must have knowledge of, and comply with all laws, rules and regulations which apply to financial institutions, particularly credit unions, including the BSA and anti-terrorism laws.
- Effectively interview members and prospective members, analyze situations and data and direct member toward most appropriate product.
- Multi-task and self-start ability to make outbound calls and work towards production goals.
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Exemption Status: Exempt
- Work Schedule: M – F, occasional weekends.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD/Life (employer paid), HSA contribution (employer paid), paid-time-off, retirement plan (with employer match), profit sharing plan, and supplemental insurance available.
- Must be bondable.
- Pre-employment background check required
please email a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also use snail mail, by mailing your resume and cover letter to Intrepid Credit Union, PO Box 159, Helena, Montana 59624, Attention Human Resources.
All materials must be received by the recruitment closing.