Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Bozeman - Montana (MT), 59715
Based in the heart of Bozeman, Montana, Wisetail builds Learning Management Systems for innovators who, like us, know a people-first culture is the most important driver of success in the modern workforce.
Our software gives millions of users the chance to learn and develop in an engaging environment and our platform is crafted to meet the unique needs and challenges in today’s workplace. That’s why so many of today’s leading brands—including Shake Shack, SoulCycle, Bonobos, Cheesecake Factory, Einstein Bros, and many more—use Wisetail’s LMS every day.
We hire collaborative, ambitious, and humble people. We provide benefits and tailored career paths needed to develop both personally and professionally. Our team is committed to working toward the common goal of powering great places to work, which in turn holds us accountable to making ours the best it can be. We are proud to have ranked as one of the “Fastest Growing Companies in the U.S.” on Inc. “5000’s” list, “50 Best Small Workplaces” by Fortune Magazine, “One Of The 50 Best Small Workplaces In The U.S.” by Great Places to Work Institute and Outside Magazine’s “The 100 Best Places to Work.”
Our growing team is focused on delivering a transformational experience for our clients. We’re constantly refining and pushing our product further, and we’re looking for a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity to work with a creative, strategic-thinking, and innovative team based in Bozeman, Montana.
Scope of Position
Wisetail is seeking an experienced finance professional to oversee financial planning and analysis for our business operations in Bozeman, MT and Toronto, ON. This role, will be based out of the Bozeman, MT office reporting to President. To be successful, you will need to be a strong business and financial acumen with excellent communication skills.
- Work closely with stakeholders to build monthly, quarterly, annual budgets including SaaS revenue forecasts in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Oversee the preparation of a detailed monthly analysis of financial results that highlights the key drivers for actual performance compared to the budget and prior year actual results
- Act as a trusted business parter and provide monthly support to business leaders for items related to sales, revenue, contract value and expenses
- Look for ways to improve the accuracy and automation of the current forecasting process
- Play a key role in the Finance organization, including improving management reporting, mentoring team members and assisting with business optimization
- Coordinate with our finance team in Houston and London to ensure seamless integration between business unit.
- Monthly and quarterly KPI and related insight reporting to senior leadership
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the external auditors as necessary
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, preferably with an MBA or CPA designation
- 5 or more years of job-related experience, preferably with exposure to a SaaS-based revenue model
- Proven experience as a trusted business partner to senior leadership
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and database skills, with particular focus on financial modeling and the use of advanced Excel functions
- High level of analytical ability and accuracy
- Highly organized and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven experience presenting to the business leadership team
- Flexibility a must, including traveling within the US and Canada on a quarterly basis if required
- Experience with forecasting software, Adaptive a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid dental and medical benefits for employees (vision available for additional costs)
- 401k with a Company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Employee assistance program
Here are some perks:
- We’ve got you covered. Health care is provided to employees the first day on the job.
- Contribute to the company-sponsored 401K and Wisetail will match half your contribution up to 3%.
- Our “Be Well” program is a monthly stipend that goes toward any activity that contributes to your wellness.
- Pet-friendly work environment. Take a stroll on the many trails or visit the parks located just steps outside our office.
- Generous vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it.
- You won’t go hungry here. We keep snacks stocked and schedule catered lunches regularly.
- Ride, run or walk to support a local non profit you care about while also earning beer or coffee from some of our favorite local wateringholes.
- Make an impact on your community – we give back by helping direct Wisetail Works community projects.
- Company bikes available for you to take on a break or run errands. We’re conveniently located next to many trail systems and amenities that downtown Bozeman has to offer.
- A rare opportunity to join a company that is still lean but on its way to something much bigger, with a meaningful transformative mission. We’re particularly focused on building organizations on where people thrive, grow in their careers, and enjoy having high impact through their work.