Field Service Representative
Columbia Falls - Montana (MT), 59912
Nomad Global Communication Solutions, Inc.
Position: Field Service Representative – Service & Warranty
Reports To: Service & Warranty Manager
Overview: Nomad Global Communications Solutions is a leading provider of communication and response products serving a wide variety of customers. Our purpose is to be the solution when every second matters. We seek a candidate that is self-inspired to learn and demonstrates a high degree of customer service while positively contributing to our team.
The purpose of the Field Service Representative (FSR) position is to receive, diagnose, and remediate customer issues related to fielded Nomad products. The successful applicant will serve and interact with clients by providing product and service information and resolving product and service issues. Utilizing exceptional communication, problem-solving, and mechanical and technical skills, it is expected that the FSR will clarify the customer’s issue; determine the cause of the issue; select and explain the best solution to resolve the issue; expedite action for correction or solution agreed upon; follow up to ensure complete customer satisfaction. In addition to solving the customer’s problem, the FSR will also be responsible for communicating root issues of problems that could affect future builds to the appropriate workgroup via scheduled meetings and documentation, thus allowing Nomad to continuously improve. The FSR will also be expected to have the mechanical, technical, and physical capabilities to perform the recommended solutions at the customer’s place of business or on-site at Nomad.
The Field Services Representative may assist many of the responsibilities for product delivery, such as:
- Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI)
- Product Delivery
- Client Training
- Punch-List Completion
- Final Acceptance Responsibility
Essential Functions / Responsibility:
- Receives customers' requests by telephone or email, analyzes requests, provides information requested or ascertains who can best provide the information and routes the request (via Trouble Ticket System, which requires continuous improvement) to the proper Nomad representative.
- Monitors and assigns work to department representatives or outside resources to complete Customer Service “Trouble Tickets.”
- Responsible for ensuring timely “Trouble Ticket” resolution, utilizing innovative methods that meet both client and organizational objectives.
- Responsible for data integrity in the “Trouble Ticket” system.
- Prepares product and/or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Recommends Training packages, Maintenance/Service packages, and Warranty packages to clients.
- Manages the financial implications of Warranty items whether they are Nomad or Vendor-specific, and reports these findings to Management.
- Refines and reinforces current Warranty policies and processes customer adjustments.
- Builds a service system that can produce revenue in the future.
- Balances a budget given by management for warranty/service costs.
- Works with the Operations Administration Assistant to manage the Unit ID database to ensure that data is input correctly.
- Ability to travel to customer locations to perform determined service/warranty solutions. Often times on short notice for different periods of time.
Basic Knowledge Desired:
- Understands the significance of the Nomad Core Values and a demonstrated willingness and ability to practice them throughout his/her time at Nomad GCS, Inc.
- Strong mechanical and technical knowledge, particularly as it relates to Nomad products and services.
- Knowledge in creating and implementing service and warranty products/programs, and in maintaining and manipulating large databases.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- A specific knowledge base of Electrical and IT Systems is required for this position.
- Understand and/or be willing to learn NTC systems.
- Understand and/or be willing to learn IT Services and their associated products.
- Managing the completion of Warranty projects within Production.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds.Working Environment:
- Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Safety glasses required when on the Production floor.
- Would have to also work off the company premises due to traveling for clients & other business needs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3+ years Specialty Vehicle Manufacturing and / or Customer Service / Warranty Experience, preferably on automotive and/or technology fields.
- 2+ years in an administrative field strongly desired.
- 1-2 years of experience at Nomad preferred.
- Knowledge of DOT and CDL requirements strongly desired.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing, as well as CDL.
- Valid passport.
Meet Production Standards:
Willingness and ability to perform repetitive tasks with precision.
Willingness and ability to work long and sometimes irregular hours.
Willingness to take initiative in tackling problems rather than solely relying on directives.
Ability to follow logical steps in understanding root cause and analyzing potential solutions.
Willingness to use mistakes as a learning opportunity.
Ability to accept constructive criticism without taking it personally.
Ability to read and understand technical documents including CAD & SOP documents.
Ability to effectively convey information to peers and supervisors in both written and verbal forms
Ability to manage your own schedule to complete tasks on time.
Understand and concentrate on the importance of timeliness and how it translates to company profitability.
Demonstrates a regular and ongoing focus on high-quality work. Reflect pride in your workmanship.
Keeps the totality of the project in mind with regard to customer satisfaction. Values both personal and team achievements equally.
Willingness to work with others to search for solutions, not blaming others.
Willingness to take on tasks and support others.
Willingness to ask questions proactively.
Ability to self-manage and hold oneself accountable for work products and timeliness.
Ability to engage and encourage others.
Willingness to take on responsibilities beyond the job description.
Demonstrate a proactive approach to safety, identify issues and address them when necessary.
Follow documented safety guidelines for all equipment and processes.
Nomad GCS is an equal opportunity employer, (EOE,) and voluntarily follows affirmative action guidelines. As an equal opportunity employer, Nomad GCS does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state and local laws.
_Nomad offers a competitive base pay along with a benefits package. _
*When applying please include your basic salary requirements*.
Job Type: Full-time
- administrative: 2 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Required)
- vehicle manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- warranty service: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Columbia Falls, MT (Required)
- Driver's License in good standing (including CDL) (Required)
- United States (Required)
- 75% (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative