STORE GENERAL MANAGER
Great Falls - Montana (MT), 59405
This position is accountable for the following areas: Customer service at your location. Supervisory decisions that are consistent with Town Pump standards, policies, and procedure. Assisting in planning, leadership, organizing, and follow-ups in the following areas: Controllable expenses, sales increases, inside gross margin, shortage controls, promotions programs, monitor competitors. Setting the proper example for co-workers in terms of professionalism, attitude, and teamwork in the areas of customer service and casino operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer service to include communicating with customers, resolve complaints and inquiries.
- Daily bookwork using computer to record employee information, inventory and sale information.
- Make bank deposit.
- Fill in for absent employee.
- Order supplies and merchandise.
- Answer telephone and screen calls.
- Light maintenance and cleaning of store and restrooms.
- Stock cooler and shelves.
- Effectively prioritizing, organizing, delegating, and following up on store tasks to be accomplished.
- Security of all store assets. Control of cash, fuel, and inventories. Control of store merchandise and labor hours.
- New employee hiring, training, and orientation.
- Merchandising, to include receiving, pricing, stocking, displaying, and rotating of bar inventories.
- Store maintenance and basic repairs.
- Inventorying of merchandise.
- Keying of daily sales.
- Invoicing merchandise.
- Disciplining and/or terminating problem employees.
- Enforcing all company policies and procedures.
- Supervisory decisions that are consistent with Town Pump Inc. standards, policies and procedures.
1. Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Basic Statement of Functions
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Specifications (Qualifications)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Require ability to read, write, understand, and speak English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Require ability to perform basic math computations at the 12th grade level. Ability to operate ten key calculator with accuracy and speed.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current Montana Drivers License
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain your store at or above acceptable operational standards.
- Ability to prepare & complete reports and operational tasks and report in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to assist cashiers and all other store positions as required.
- Ability to meet convenience store performance goals.
- Ability to ensure employees wear proper uniform & maintain personal hygiene to meet all health standards. Ensure and maintain proper attitude, professionalism, and teamwork in areas of customer service and store operations.
- Ability to maintain control over all store expenses.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 30 lb. regularly and 50 lb. occasionally.
- Ability to work in cooler for up to one hour.
ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work in an open office environment with frequent background noise.
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions and customer interaction.