Account Development Specialist
Hardin - Montana (MT),
Account Development Specialists are responsible for retraining, upselling, initiating price improvement, and reducing lost business percentages year-over-year with existing accounts for a specific territory. This position will be responsible for renewing existing customers’ service agreements. The hours and level of responsibility may vary by location or line of business.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Oversees account management of existing commercial customer base and focus on customer satisfaction and quality of revenue.
- Retains and develops long-term business relationships with existing customers through proactive customer service, prompt attention and resolution to customer concerns, and timely service agreement updates.
- Conducts personal visits, phone calls and mailings to existing customers to foster relationships.
- Administers and preserves all price initiatives.
- Secures price increases on unprofitable accounts and/or per schedule.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of Rumpke’s available services, lines of business and pricing structure, while offering additional services to existing customers to increase revenue.
- Responds to service cancellation requests with priority and personal follow-up.
- Utilizes the company’s Growth Management System (GMS Board) on a daily basis, scheduling and documenting activities, and developing customer profiles.
- Maintains cancelled customer list (prospects) of sales territory, flipping to Outside Sales Representatives for future sales.
- Completes required Customer Service Agreements (unaltered), reports and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
- Regularly meets with Sales Supervisor or Manager to review weekly sales activities and status of customers.
- Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly
- Performs other duties as
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Must be organized with good time management skills.
- Experience working with the procurement process.
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the company.
- Previous outside sales experience.
- Experience in developing and executing territory sales strategies.
- Possess strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals.
- Waste industry experience, a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years outside business-to-business sales with a proven track record of success.
- One (1) year of experience in a customer-facing sales role (business to business).
- Good Driving record; able to meet Rumpke driving qualifications.
- Office environment and traveling to and from businesses.
- Prolonged sitting in car or office.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.