Behavioral Health Coach
Helena - Montana (MT), 59601
SUMMARY: Demonstrates knowledge and ability to engage patients. Provides care management for employees of CareHere clients. Coach is responsible for coordinating care management of patients with clinic staff. Establish a coaching plan of care using evidenced based methods with established success for better patient outcomes and if applicable reducing employer cost. Initial role with patient involves getting patient to already established client mental health resources including EAP. If no mental health resources within client than local resources will be researched and identified and appropriate short term and catastrophic counseling will be offered. This position will transition into a holistic health coaching position including the areas of dietetics, healthy living, behavioral health, and exercise physiology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews HRA, EMR, and provider plan of care prior to discussing with patient to assess level of risk.
- Establishes contact with each patient referral and assess current risk level and get appropriate support including immediate assistance for patient in imminent danger.
- Encourages use of client EAP or mental health support along with offering local resources.
- Establishes an on-going relationship with patient and work with clinic staff and provider to support patient plan of care. For those patients who have no access to mental health resources, appropriate short-term support services will be offered and outside long term resource
- Bachelor's degree in a health/wellness related discipline with Health Coaching certification or equivalent.
- 2 years' experience in counseling, case management, social work or human services.
- Basic understanding of motivational interviewing.
CareHere specializes in providing employer-sponsored healthcare for municipalities, state governments, and private employers across many industries, by making healthcare easier, better and more affordable. CareHere manages 200+ health and wellness centers in 26 states and provides medical services to 110,000+ employees and over 225,000 members. Through our model, which integrates wellness and case management with primary and chronic patient care, CareHere provides employers measurable savings in health benefit costs. Visit www.CareHere.com/Careers to learn more.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday