Helena - Montana (MT), 59601
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a family of 20,000+ employee-owners, with 126 grocery stores and our own distribution and transportation network operating across 10 states in the American West, Pacific Northwest and Southwest. As the Low Price Grocery Leader we believe that we make the lives of our customers and employee-owners better and we do it by focusing on the people and communities where we operate.
WinCo Foods began in 1967, in Boise, ID, under the name Waremart, operating stores under the name until 1999, when the name was changed to WinCo Foods, short for Winning Company.
In 1985, after a group of senior employees purchased a majority interest in the company, they made the momentous decision to give WinCo Foods employees a real ownership stake. The WinCo Foods Employee Stock Ownership Trust (ESOP) was born, creating what has now become the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United States.
Today, WinCo Foods is well known and beloved for its everyday low-prices and engaged employee-owners across our service areas, encompassing 126 stores throughout Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma and Montana.
Here’s the best part: The day you start at WinCo Foods is the day you start building your ownership stake! (available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan Description)
Providing for your future self – While you may not think so today, the WinCo Foods ESOP is a path to financial security. Think about this: to date, we have more than 500 millionaire employee-owners, with hundreds more close behind!
The formula is simple: work hard and the better you do, the better your location does. The better your location does, the better the company does. The better the company does, the better our ESOP does. You get an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each year. After six years, it’s all yours, no matter what. (ESOP available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan Description)
You can own a grocery store! How cool is that? Work hard, stay focused and it may just support you for the rest of your life!
In addition, WinCo Foods also offers great Healthcare at very low cost, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, and competitive wages.
So what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Maintain desired level of fresh meat production. Ensure customer service, product quality, freshness and selection. Maintain cleanliness of department and equipment. Consistently provides world class customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly, courteous customer service.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Cuts, grinds, and wraps fresh meat products according to related quantity, quality and freshness
Stocks and rotates product.
Ensures trim specifications are followed and proper temperatures are maintained in all phases of meat preparation, display and storage.
Prevents shrink and controls expenses.
Prevents sale of spoiled and/or outdated product by following legal regulations and company policy on weighing, labeling, code dating and the processing of re-worked or reduced-to-clear items.
Ensures proper merchandising of product, signing, inventory level in retail cases, and eye-appeal of the department.
Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of work area, equipment, cutting room and retail cases according to company policy and the law.
Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 5:00 am to 11:00 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Perform friendly, courteous, tactful interactions and maintain composure in dealing with customer and co-workers.
- Conduct visual inspections, read production guides and product labels.
- Properly use cleaning chemicals in accordance with manufacture’s guidelines and instructions.
- Properly handle related food products per State and County laws, and WinCo standards.
- Communicate with co-workers and follow written work assignments / instructions.
- Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 80 lbs. frequently.
- Push and pull fully loaded handtrucks and pallet jacks.
- Perform repetitious arm and hand movements required to cut, slice and process meat products.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, twist and turn frequently.
- Perform safe/quick movements and operate related equipment listed below with manual dexterity and hand /eye coordination.
- Work with hands exposed to moisture.
- Work for prolonged periods of time in a refrigerated area (32 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit), handling refrigerated goods (occasionally -20 degrees and frequently 28 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Learn product variability, perishability, safety and sanitation procedures, and dept. policies.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiply) and compute weights and measures.
- Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.
- Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective equipment as required.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
- Scales, knives, band saws, meat tenderizers, meat slicers, grinders and bailer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel may vary.
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity—from our variety of perspectives and wide range of experiences—is essential to our strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.