Wind Service Technician
Kevin - Montana (MT),
Nordex USA, Inc.
As Service Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring a high level of safety for your assigned location and maintain service points at the highest standards for safety, quality, and customer service in all aspects of project operational performance while support third party providers for large correctives, system upgrades, and general service point activities. You will also utilize the most relevant documentation for activities daily to include but are not limited to planned maintenance interventions, unplanned interventions, large correctives, and upgrades.
Communicate clearly with Site Leads and/or Site Managers to achieve resolution for technical and/or commercial customer concerns and perform daily assignments using proper methods while following proper documentation for all assigned tasks. Each day, techs report all activities accomplished within Nordex CMMS to capture all hours exposed, materials used, and detailed steps taken during WTGs interventions.
- Performs assembly, commissioning, testing, repair, and maintenance on wind turbine generators and related equipment at the wind farm.
- Supports 24/7/365 operation of a wind farm to maintain contractual availability this includes rotating shifts, overtime, and on-call as necessary.
- Conducts and reviews safety analyses of potential electrical and mechanical hazards in the wind turbines, switch room, and the O&M building.
- Supports Root Cause Analyses to assist in determining equipment failure and the reasons for failures when they occur.
- Supports on completion of required and accurate documentation associated with corrective and preventive maintenance of wind turbines and associated equipment; maintain records of documentation.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities safely and efficiently on wind turbines and associated equipment located on the wind farm
- Utilizes appropriate safety gear, protective equipment, and control or dissipation of energy sources to ensure work is performed in a safe manner
- Supports on safety analysis and review of hazards and energy sources before and while performing any work assignment on the wind farm
- Maintains, properly, tools, and equipment used to perform assigned maintenance assignments.
- Maintains required training certifications and qualifications to enable personnel to safely perform work-related tasks in a quality matter
- Complete Lock-Out-Tag-Out (LOTO), JSEA?s, and job-specific documentation that is required to conduct maintenance and repairs safely.
- Demonstrated ability to read mechanical blueprints.
- Computer skills to include MS Office
- Represent the company in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to organize/prioritize work, meet deadlines, and to prepare plans and reports.
- Other responsibilities as
- Ability to travel to domestic and international locations for work and/or training for extended periods.
- Flexibility to work overtime and rotating shifts as required
- Previous experience working with hand tools and power tools
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to move and manipulate up to 50 pounds, climb vertical ladders, and work at heights above 300 feet
- Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments, and adverse and extreme weather conditions, in the dust, pollen, weeds, grasses, and in confined spaces
- Ability to be certified and work with both medium and high voltage equipment
- Maintain required training certifications
- Have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Ability to safely travel to the wind farm within 45 minutes in the event of an emergency
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Passport
- Ability to meet specific OSHA and ANSI weight limits of 250 to 300lbs. max.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure the ability to safely perform job functions and meet the physical demands of the position.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Certification or Degree in wind, technical, or engineering field preferred
- 0-1-year wind experience
- This position requires field work and is in a wind farm environment, primarily during normal business hours. However, the site operates 24/7, 365 days a year, which will include rotating shifts, overtime, and includes exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust, and humidity. Ability to climb turbine towers daily (up to 300 feet) as required. Participate in an on-call schedule. Willingness to work overtime, holidays, weekends, and on short notice during planned/unplanned/emergency site outages. Helps in all areas of facility operations as directed by the Area Services Manager. Willing to travel approximately 5-10% for training and assist other Wind Farm sites when needed.
- Work may involve lifting of materials up to 50 pounds. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but is not limited to eye safety glasses; hearing protectors; steel-toe boots; and hardhats. Loose-fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Nordex USA, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.