Miles City Sleep Inn HOTEL NIGHT AUDITOR
Miles City - Montana (MT), 59301
Ascertains accuracy of daily transactions. Generates audit reports. Balances City Ledger tray as required. Acts as night manager of hotel. Carries on all Front Desk activities as required.
Job Specifications (Qualifications)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year Front Desk Clerk or Night Auditor experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. This position acts as Hotel Manager during the night shift hours. Related experience in bookkeeping a plus.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Experience in the following software: MS Excel, MS Word and company computer based program, PDI.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- CPR/First aid certification where applicable.
- Valid Montana Drivers License.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to work varied number of hours per week on a rotating basis. Shift is normally 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., but may vary from time to time.
- Must be in uniform at all times.
- Must display a high degree of pride and integrity in job performance.
- Must be able to learn and comprehend all company policies pertaining to his or her position and employment.
- Must possess a high sense of confidentiality, be poised and possess a pleasant personality.
- This individual, for all practical purposes, is the Night Manager. Since our Table of Organization does not carry that title, it is imperative that he or she understand the scope of the responsibility placed on him or her.
- Must be a self-starter, have good judgment, and possess the quality of adaptability.
- Must be mentally alert at all times, and possess high degree of confidentiality.
- Possess the ability to communicate with fellow staff members any problems, questions, and situations which may arise during his shift (especially with regard to procedures that are not being followed).
- Must have ability to operate 10 key, calculator, typewriter, CRT, and facsimile machine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs final checks of room charges and other transactions before audit.
2. Generates audit report and records as outlined in audit procedures.
3. Performs check of audit reports as outlined in audit procedures.
4. Prepares credit card summaries and checks approval.
5. Prepares and balances all reports required by management.
6. Posts room and tax revenues and any phone or other charges.
7. Performs check in and check out of guests. Posts payments and charges as necessary. Responsible for funds received.
8. Responsible for answering the hotel switchboard in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner.
9. May be responsible for additional guest services, which may include airport transportation, minor maintenance, and additional room supplies.
10. Handles guest problems and complaints. Serves as information agent for hotel guests.
11. Responsible for accurate accounting of all guest rooms. Communicate pertinent information to co-workers and to management.
12. Performs a variety of clerical and office duties.
13. Prepares coffee and breakfast bar for guests if applicable.
14. May be required to perform security checks and hall patrols.
15. Responsible for daily execution of reservation checks to insure that no revenue is lost by rooms that are not sold and that the hotel is not overbooked.
16. Must have first-hand knowledge of the physical layout of the entire building.
17. Should be thoroughly familiar with all emergency procedures with regard to accident, fire, bomb threats, illness of guests, and other incidents as outlined in the “Safety & Security” manual.
1. Any other duties as assigned by the Front Desk Supervisor, Assistant Hotel Manager, or Hotel Manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 30 lb. regularly and 50 lb. occasionally.
- Ability to climb, stoop, bend, lift, and carry.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in an open office environment with frequent background noise.
- Ability to work in pleasant but demanding atmosphere.
Disclaimer: The list of requirements, duties, and responsibilities is not exhaustive but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example; emergencies, changes in personnel, workload or technical development).