Insurance Claims Specialist
Missoula - Montana (MT), 59808
Partners In Home Care
Partners In Home Care is Hiring!
Come work with Missoula's premier Home Health and Hospice employer. Founded in 1987, Partners In Home Care is passionately committed to assisting clients and families in achieving optimal health, independence, and comfort through high-quality, cost-effective home and community health-related services.
Partners In Home Care offers the following benefits:
- Executive Pay
- Flexible scheduling
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance that is affordable!
- Extensive Paid Leave
- 401K with Company Match
- Continuing Education Funds
- Student Loan Payoff Program
Partners is currently hiring for a Claims/Insurance Reimbursement Specialist
Performs electronic and manual billing and follow-up submission of claims to appropriate insurance carriers for various home care services. Obtains insurance authorization for new referrals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers and verifies supporting documentation for billing, then submits claims to payors.
- Responds to billing error documents, return-to-provider reports and denial letters. May notify relevant departments of missing or inaccurate documentation
- Provides follow-up on clients’ accounts by responding to client questions and concerns regarding billing and re-submission of bills for payment. May prepare split bills when necessary.
- Logs, tracks and answers all program requests and denials and responds to third-party requests when required.
- Reviews collection worksheets and initiates appropriate collection actions, including re-submission of claims.
- Assists in preparation and compilation of visit statistics, reconciliation of discharge summaries, admit reports and recorded visits.
Qualifications include high school diploma or equivalent, with at least one year of experience in billing, reimbursement, credit, collections and/or medical terminology. Must be proficient with computer-based data entry, word processing, and the operation of other office machines. Requires extensive use of telephone with appropriate interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
Work is generally indoors and sedentary in a normal office environment. Work requires significant attention to detail and deadlines. Work involves frequent sitting or standing, with occasional stooping and bending. The position also includes the frequent use of a keyboard, and use of hands to finger, handle, and feel. Position requires ability to focus at close ranges.