Missoula - Montana (MT), 59801
Providence is calling a Housekeeper (Environmental Services, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assures that utility rooms are clean and in order.
- Cleans patient rooms according to hospital and departmental policies.
- Inspects the physical condition of the hospital during the course of shift assignments. Reports any damage or unsafe conditions to the supervisor, Risk Management or Maintenance.
- Obtains and returns cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Picks up soiled linen and delivers clean linen within the allotted time frames.
- Reports any work area not cleaned by the end of the shift to the immediate supervisor.
- Reports plumbing and electrical problems to Maintenance.
- Provides accurate and timely updating of bed status.
- Performs isolation cleaning following hospital guidelines for isolation precautions.
- Performs terminal cleaning as requested.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
- Willing to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continual basis
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous healthcare experience, particularly in a service department.
- Previous customer service experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has 253 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Environmental Services
Req ID: 245962