Commercial Real Estate Financial Analyst - Investments
Omaha - Nebraska (NE), 68131
Mutual of Omaha
Estimated salary $9 - $15 an hour
Work Type: Full Time Regular
Job No: 498756
Categories: Investment Management
Application Closes: Open Until Filled
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manages the origination process on commercial mortgage loan investment opportunities, including transaction review, application preparation and negotiation, due diligence analysis, property inspection and market tour, committee presentation and closing due diligence, under the guidance and supervision of senior loan officers.
- Reviews and underwrites new commercial real estate loan investment opportunities providing decision support analysis to senior loan officers.
- Drafts term sheets, application/commitment letters, and other transaction related documents.
- Prepares mortgage loan committee write ups working independently and collaboratively with commercial mortgage team, mortgage banking representatives, analysts and other relevant resources, such as appraisers or other sources of commercial real estate data.
- Completes due diligence analysis during the loan closing process including review of leases, rent rolls, third party reports, estoppels, and other business-related closing matters.
- Serves as business liaison throughout the mortgage loan closing process working collaboratively with senior commercial real estate loan officers, internal constituents (legal and asset administration), mortgage banking representatives, external counsel, third party report providers, and others necessary to effectuate a timely closing.
- Collaborates and partners with management and team to support business objectives. May provide training to team members as appropriate.
- Assists with other matters that may be required related to the origination process or portfolio management of the existing portfolio or related investment assets (private equity, low income housing tax credits).
- Continues to develop in knowledge and expertise; attends seminars and continuing education classes; completes professionally-recognized designations; participates in professional and industry organizations and industry conferences
- Participates in and travels with senior loan officers on asset and market due diligence activities designed to enhance knowledge and skills through training and development. Completes independent travel and due diligence activities under authority and guidance of a senior loan officer.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis of income producing real estate, real estate fundamentals and capital structures; 1-3 years financial analyst experience in commercial real estate investments or lending.
- Ability to analyze, interpret data and provide sound business recommendations in a timely manner; applies critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effective organizational skills with a high attention to detail; ability to proactively manage processes and activities.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with some independence and within a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment and manage multiple transactions simultaneously. Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to
- Financial analyst experience in commercial mortgage financing, investment sales, appraiser, financial institution, life insurance company preferred.
- Knowledge of Argus and other real estate analytical software applications a plus.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging.
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs.
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match.
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates.
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off.
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit our Career Site.
- Minimum $48,000 Maximum: $60,000
- Pay commensurate with experience.
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.