PC Support Tech II
Hawthorne - Nevada (NV),
The position of PC Support Tech II is located at the Hawthorne Army Depot, near the modest, west central Nevada, “High-desert, mountain-side”, community of Hawthorne. Hawthorne Army Depot, known as “The Largest ammunition storage facility in the world,” is centrally located near the modest community of Hawthorne, Nevada, at the base of 11,000 ft. Mt. Grant and at the south end of large and historical Walker Lake on Highway 95. We are located within a comfortable 1 to 2 hour drive of numerous communities and cities in Northern Nevada and Northern California. Interested applicants are invited to search online sites for additional information regarding the renowned Hawthorne Army Depot.
This position is subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
- Install, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade all PC hardware and software to ensure optimal workstation performance. Troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via email) and provide end-user assistance.
- Provide technical support for Network computers, printers and other computer peripherals. May be assigned occasional duties of a higher level of difficulty than those listed.
- Installs and tests computers, printers and other peripherals; installs and configures operation system, and other application software
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent required. A.S. degree in Computer Science/Computer Technology, A+/Network+ certification, or appropriate combination of education and experience in Computer Technology preferred.
- Education or two (2) years experience in hardware/software problem-solving for the appropriate systems required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all certifications as required by SOC’s Master Training Plan.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid State driver’s license. Must also be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of government security clearance as well as a clearance through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms and be favorably vetted through the NCIC III System. Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Clearance.
- Must be able to perform work duties routinely, in a safe and effective manner, remaining alert and aware of potential work/safety hazards at all times, and especially alert, while performing safety sensitive duties.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability