Henderson - Nevada (NV), 89002
Railroad Pass Hotel and Casino
- Greets guests with warm smile, maintain eye contact, and communicate in a professional and pleasant demeanor.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of menu items, as well as wine lists, including ingredients, preparation, and sourcing.
- Answers questions regarding menus items and ingredients and provide information regarding diet items and specials.
- Suggest appropriate wines and other beverages to go along with customers’ meals.
- Maintain knowledge of any items that the kitchen may be running out of.
- Inform guest about the time it will take for their orders to be prepared and served.
- Relay orders to the kitchen and ensure that they are prepared according to recipe.
- Check prepared order for accuracy and portion and ensure that they are served in a time efficient manner.
- Prepare drinks according to customers’ instructions and serve them in a timely manner.
- Ask guest if they would like any else with their order.
- Assist cashier in preparing check for serves meal and deliver check to guest.
- Take payment I exchange of services rendered and tender change.
- Make sure that tables are cleared, cleaned and bussed properly before the next set of guests arrive.
- Adheres to all responsible alcohol service and consumption requirements as dictated by the state.
- Communicates to Maître’ D when leaving assigned workstation.
- Checks out with Maître’ D before leaving and signs out on employee log sheet.
- Completes side work as posted.
- Notifies Maier’s or manager on duty of any guests concerns.
- Attends training sessions and retains knowledge covered therein.
- Performs other job- related duties as assigned.
- Possess a good working knowledge of all restaurant functions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and remain calm in very high paced and stressful environment and work under pressure.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other employees of the organization.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the restaurant.
- Withstand prolonged standing, walking, stretching, bending, kneeling, lifting and carrying items.
- Work in close quarters or small rooms and is occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet and/or humid condition. Work environmental factors include noise, dust, and smoke.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
Job Type: Full-time
- food service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Henderson, NV 89002 (Preferred)
- Food Handler (Preferred)
- TAM Card (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- Monday to Friday
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift