Henderson - Nevada (NV), 89074
Sets up, operates and tends to machines that mix, cook, season, convey and wrap product. Ensures product remains within company specifications by following batch sheets, formulas and setup procedures. Ensures product remains within food safety guidelines and product specifications. Operates equipment to meet production requirements. Measures and records data. Operates equipment in a safe manner to meet production requirements and to minimize waste and maximize productivity. Verifies that all labels and ingredients and materials are correct to ensure food safety.
- Reviews daily schedule with supervisors/leads.
- Obtains batch sheets/formula sheets and process check sheets from Supervisor.
- Obtains ingredients/labels/materials per batchsheet/formula specifications.
- Verifies that all obtained materials/ingredients match items listed on batch sheet.
- Inspects the appropriate production equipment for cleanliness, allergen issues and foreign objects and material.
- Completes machinery setup/shutdown process for specific operation of equipment to the batch sheet.
- Mixes/cooks batches or wraps product to specifications as per formula in batch sheet.
- Monitors equipment throughout production run to ensure operation is within process parameters.
- Performs and maintain quality inspections and checks.
- Communicates and works cooperatively with co-workers.
- Performs daily housekeeping chores.
- Maintains a clean, dry and safe working environment by consistently adhering to good housekeeping practices.
- Works safely and performs daily safety checks on all equipment.
- Performs calculations for partial formulas, ingredient and materials usage and waste recording.
- Responsible for recognizing and reporting food safety and employee safety issues.
- Performs changeovers with adherence to Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Rotates into Packer position to perform Packer duties as business/operational needs dictate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Works individually and in teams with little supervision. Accuracy and attention to detail are critical as mistakes can cause significant lost productivity, loss of raw materials, downtime or food safety issues. The close proximity to processing equipment produces a loud work environment. Operators must communicate effectively with all operators and supervisors and work within established procedures and guidelines for safe and efficient operations. Operators will be exposed to heavy machinery, heat, humidity and strenuous work. The work is rather fast-paced and involves a considerable amount of climbing, lifting and reaching. This position requires weekend work and work in excess of eight hours per day as business priorities dictate.
This job may direct co-workers daily activities but has no direct responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Prior manufacturing experience setting up and adjusting production processing or packaging machinery is preferred.
Ability to read, verify and confirm all batch sheets, orders and instructions in a timely manner.
Must be able to perform basic math calculations.
Ability to follow formulas and mix a quality product. Ability to recognize problems and determine a course of action such as making authorized corrections or knowing when to seek assistance from a supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The area is somewhat dusty.
The floor area can be slippery at times.