Las Vegas - Nevada (NV), 89121
Welcome to Anza Management. We are pleased that you are interested in joining the Anza team.
ABOUT US: Anza Management Company has been in business since 1975. We currently manage apartment communities in California, Nevada and Arizona.
We provide excellent benefits for full-time employees including employer-paid health coverage, life insurance, and long-term disability insurance. We also offer optional dental and vision insurance. As a full-time employee, you are eligible for 10 vacation days per year, 10 sick days per year, 8 holidays, and floating holidays.
We thank you for your interest in exploring employment opportunities with us.
ABOVE ARE (3) DOCUMENTS THAT MUST BE OPENED AND READ AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS.POSITION TITLE: LEASING CONSULTANT
POSITION SUMMARY: As initial contact between the public and the company, strives to project the quality of
our product. Successfully leases apartments by meeting customer needs. Assists in marketing the property and generating traffic. Helps provide quality living environment for residents and promotes positive working relationship with company employees.
REPORTS TO: Community Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary.
LEASING AND MARKETING:
1. Maintain high occupancy by demonstrating the value of the apartment community by using agreed upon sales practices and successfully leasing apartments, including both telephone and on-site traffic, in an effective and professional manner.
2. Inspect market window, models and vacant units daily and ensure that they are in rent ready condition.
3. Responsible for maintaining the office and work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
4. Answer telephone in a friendly manner. Visit with prospects in such a way that communicates interest in their needs. Have thorough knowledge of required telephone and sales techniques.
5. Greet and handle traffic in a friendly manner. Conduct tours of the property and rent-ready units.
6. Be fully aware of current rental rates, unit types/sizes/locations, and all property amenities.
7. Have full knowledge of application information required, screening processes and policies regarding rentals.
8. Aid in achieving financial goals by effectively qualifying prospective residents.
9. Ensure that all application packages are complete and display good judgment in qualifying applicants following company policies and guidelines, including those relating to discrimination and fair housing.
10. Have thorough knowledge of lease terms, specifications and all community policies. Prepare move-in paperwork including lease and addendums, and present all information to new residents in a detailed, understandable manner.
11. Accurately prepare lease documents and related paperwork.
12. Follow through on updating lease documents and other related records as appropriate.
13. Do move-in inspections and all related paperwork with new residents.
14. Play an active role in the renewal process.
15. Effectively monitor leasing collateral material and maintain up-to-date inventory to facilitate leasing.
16. Display initiative and creativity in marketing the property. Make marketing recommendations to the Regional Manager.
17. Support the marketing function through recording accurate data on prospects and new residents.
18. Utilize and monitor appropriate marketing resources and tools (advertising, marketing reports, flags, banners, etc.). Update Craigslist a minimum of twice a day and other advertising as instructed.
19. Constantly shop/network with competitive properties and check all advertising media in order to keep informed of market conditions and understand competitive pricing.
20. Accurately prepare and understand marketing reports.
21. Must be able to work weekends.
1. Assist the Community Manager in ensuring both the appearance and physical integrity of the property and its assets are in good condition at all times.
2. Assist the Community Manager in coordinating leasing efforts and move-in dates with the maintenance staff to ensure the quality and timeliness of maintenance in the turning over apartments and also in completing maintenance service requests.
3. Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times. 4. Identify and report to the Community Manager any potential hazardous situations.
5. Comply with hazardous materials regulations.
6. Communicate promptly to the Community Manager any appearance, landscape, or other maintenance conditions needing action that are beyond the your authority.
1. Accurately record all income transactions (security deposits, credit check fees, rent collections) in Yardi.
2. Assist as directed with rent collections and deal with all income related issues in accordance with Anza policies and procedures.
3. Make all bank deposits promptly and in accordance with company policies.
4. Completely perform, when required, any routine tasks associated with the onsite financial management of the property in accordance with established procedures and with minimal direction or supervision.
PUBLIC RELATIONS/RESIDENT RETENTION:
1. Maintain a professional, courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors and fellow employees.
2. Promote positive public relations with prospects, residents, vendors, clients and staff members.
3. Display a cheerful, helpful disposition.
4. Positively assist prospects with any questions or problems during the approval process.
5. Strive to make the living experience, particularly the first and last impressions of the property, of the highest quality.
6. Introduce new residents to our apartment procedures.
7. Ensure that all resident requests and/or complaints are handled in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
8. Enforce community rules, always being sure to use a firm, fair and consistent manner in all resident contacts.
9. Demonstrate initiative and creativity in promoting positive resident relations.
10. Assist Community Manager in implementing and maintaining a resident retention program as appropriate for your property.
1. Prepare and submit all required/requested reports in a quality and timely manner.
2. Be proficient in Yardi.
3. Process move-out paperwork. Schedule and complete move-out inspections and related paperwork to determine any charges that need to be assessed to vacating residents.
4. Write Maintenance Service Requests for repairs received from residents and/or others. Follow-up with a telephone call or email to the resident to make sure the work was completed to their satisfaction.
5. Prepare notices as directed by supervisor. Deliver notices to residents.
6. Check voice mail, faxes and email throughout the day and respond as needed. Open mail and process as appropriate. Notify residents if they have packages to pick up.
7. Use good clerical skills, i.e. filing, organization and keyboarding.
8. Properly maintain and secure resident and property files.
9. Maintain inventory and record keeping in accordance with company policies and procedures.
10. Practice good communication skills; comprehend and initiate written and verbal instructions when appropriate.
11. Complete payroll time records daily.
12. Alert the Community Manager of any unusual occurrences and/or damages that have taken place or that could occur that are beyond your authority.
13. Assist Regional Manager as needed with additional assignments and special projects.
1. Assist the Community Manager as needed in communications and other tasks.
2. Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism and integrity, and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
3. Practice good communication skills; comprehend and initiate written and verbal instructions when appropriate.
4. Report to work regularly as scheduled; be consistently punctual with respect to working hours, meal and rest breaks schedules; and maintain satisfactory personal attendance in accordance with Anza guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have and use good sales and customer service skills, public relations, marketing background; strong time management; computer skills including Yardi (preferred but other property management software acceptable) and Word and Excel; able to learn new computer programs; bookkeeping skills; strong written and verbal communication skills; understanding of legal procedures pertaining to leases, violations of covenants and rental agreement terms and conditions; detail-oriented and highly organized; able to interact effectively with prospects, residents, peers, clients, staff and management. Prior experience in sales and marketing required, property management required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Written: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Oral: Ability to clearly convey messages, ideas and effective use of words, body language. Listening: Ability to understand the meaning behind a person’s words.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES/LICENSES/REGISTRATIONS: A current, active driver’s license is required. Specific certifications/licenses in property management related areas are helpful.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Regularly to constantly use hands to finger, handle or feel, to reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, smell, sit; frequently stand, walk; occasionally bend, stoop, squat, climb stairs, climb ladders, kneel, crawl, twist, grasp, reach, work overhead, use hand tools, sweep, vacuum, lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds, drive golf cart, drive car. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.