SVP Project Director
Las Vegas - Nevada (NV),
- Lead the project to achieve the project objectives and MSG business goals.
Through an integrated management team manage the project department functions:
- Construction Management
- Project Management
- Commercial & Contract Administration
- Scheduling & Project Controls
- Manage the relationship with any construction management partners as appropriate to ensure their deliverables and objects are achieved.
- Chair executive project meetings.
- Ensure the need for timely decisions to achieve the project objectives are highlighted to the responsible party within MSG and seek direction as required.
- Monitor and manage the performance of the design team in relation to any information required to for the construction of the works.
- Represent MSGdc in relation to third party legal agreements and technical discussions with adjoining landowners to support planning, design and delivery objectives.
- Co-ordinate and interface with the Construction Technology Team who are managing the design and delivery of the technology components incorporated into the project, including
o Design interfaces with the building fabric and each of the technology components.
o Responsibility interfaces between the technology providers and the Project Delivery Team.
o Manufacture and installation schedules for each technology component.
o Planned cost verses projected / actual for each technology component.
o Performance monitoring of contractors.
o Quality assurance.
o Testing, commissioning, handover.
o Regular and ad-hoc project reporting.
- Coordinate and interface with MSG stakeholder required for the design and delivery of the project.
o Establish and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders to support their engagement in all areas of responsibility.
o Seek comments / directions / approvals as required by agreed the stakeholder responsibility matrix.
o Manage requests for information and ensure timely responses are provided.
- Provide regular reports to MSGdc Executive Team on all issues relating to the success of the project both strategic and detailed including:
o Strategic overview of the commercial health of the project
o Any project delays or risks
o Regular cost, procurement and contract reports identifying the current and projected status of the project and identified risks.
o Any stakeholder decisions required in order to achieve the project objectives.
o The status of any requisite third-party approvals.
o Any other stakeholder issues.
- Identify staff development opportunities and assist in annual staff development reviews (as required).
- Undertake support and mentoring of team member (as required).
- Minimum of 20 years of experience in construction commercial leadership / project leadership from strategy through to delivery.
- Direct experience in leading the delivery of major projects in excess of $1 billion.
- Relevant experience in working on unique or highly technological projects.
- Strategically minded.
- Commercial and contractual expertise.
- Multifunctional leadership.
- Analytical and critical thinking.
- Problem solving.
- Planning and organization.
- Mentoring and support.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Principles, methods and practices related to construction management.
- Experienced in managing technologically complex projects.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- This will be a site-based role; however, it will also probably require some travel to MSG office is New York and London as well as design team and contractor offices.