Cashier- PT Various Shifts- Cactus & I-15
Las Vegas - Nevada (NV), 89141
Pit Stop Oil Company
Estimated salary $11.75 an hour
Please note: Only complete applications will be considered. Please visit www.pitstoplv.com/CAREERS to submit a complete application.
$11.75 per hour for Graveyard Cashiers, $10.75 per hour for all other cashier shifts
Greet customers as they enter the store. Obtain or receive merchandise, total bills, accept payment, and provide appropriate change to the customers in the retail store.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Regular/consistent attendance at the business setting
- Stock shelves, counters, or coolers with merchandise; rotate merchandise
- Set-up advertising displays or arrange merchandise on counters or table to promote sales
- Tag price on merchandise
- Accurately count money and merchandise
- Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer
- Offer items for sale/ upsell products and promotional items as assigned
- Answer customers? questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise
- Operate cash register, accept payment and make change. Bag merchandise for customers
- Balance cash drawer at the beginning and end of shift
- Keep record of sales, credit card receipts, payouts and coupons
- Cooking when necessary; maintain cooler stocking, rotating
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, vendors and team members
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision under stressful conditions
- Keep the floor/store clean and orderly; clean restrooms, store floor and dishwashing
- Clean equipment (coffee, soda, and hot dog machines)
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs
REPORTS TO: Store Manager/Assistant Manager/Retail Lead
INTERACTIONS: Customers, vendors, and Pit Stop team members
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
Education: High school diploma or GED; or one to three month?s related experience and/or training; Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: Retail or customer service experience
Knowledge: Basic math skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide; Cash register, calculator, 10-key, and basic computer skills
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service ? Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance in a timely manner; Makes and follows through on commitments.
Communication ? Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Avoids verbal or non-verbal communication that is perceived as disrespectful or inappropriate or causes him/her to be seen as unapproachable. Able to read and write legibly.
Teamwork ?Gives and welcomes feedback; puts success of the team first; stays productive during slow times; stays motivated.
Attention to Detail ? Demonstrates the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide accurately;
Successfully demonstrates the ability to perform all job functions such as identifying counterfeit funds, running the cash register with few errors, and completing cashier functions thoroughly, completely and with attention to small details; Remains alert at all times to ensure quality work and a safe work environment; Recognizes similarities and differences between words and series of numbers.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: TAM or AAT card and Health cards
Position in which an employee could be promoted: Cashier Trainer, Assistant Manager in Training
Working Environment: Retail store environment; Must be able to work a flexible schedule/shift; the noise level is usually moderate to loud
Physical demands: Able to work in a fast-paced environment; Stand for extended periods of time ? up to 8 hours/day; Stoop, bend, twist to stock shelves up to 50% of daily duties. Bend knees occasionally; Able to climb ladders and step stools; Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 45 pounds (totes/package boxes).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed