Tech Aide - NW
Las Vegas - Nevada (NV), 89128
Steinberg Diagnostic Im
- Rate of pay - $11
- Must have 2-3 years of Customer Service Skills
- Must be able to type 35-40 wpm
Transport patients, gives patients directions for exam, assists with paper work for procedures and chaperons exams when necessary. Energetic and self-motivated. Work in fast-paced environment preparing patients for tests. Must be detail oriented, have ability to multi-task along with good communication and organizational skills and ability to follow instructions. Must be able to spend a majority of time on feet with a considerable amount of walking and able to carry medical records and transport patients. Will access computer when necessary to scan and verify appointment times for patients.
- Escort patients (by walking or wheelchair), get them changed, give them paperwork and prescreen as needed.
- Log in patient on schedule.
- Check for referral and disperse paperwork in Tech Area.
- Call to confirm next day’s appointment.
- Order forms and office supplies when needed.
- Keep waiting rooms and changing rooms neat; pick-up gowns, etc.
- Assist techs with patients when needed.
- Work with File Room to obtain reports and/or outside films
- Oral communication skills, ability to give concise instructions and information to the patient and visitors, and ability to communicate with people of various backgrounds and education levels under direction of Tech and/or Rads.
- Patience, tact and courtesy to handle patients, visitors and doctors in an appropriate manner.
- Exhibit knowledge/understanding of exams and the ability to explain as needed to the patient.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Previous medical experience preferred.