Assistant Resident Chef (SLT)
Las Vegas - Nevada (NV),
Sur La Table
Estimated salary $9.00 - $16.50 an hour
The Assistant Resident Chef contributes to the success of a Sur La Table store by inspiring customers on all points of their culinary journey. This role supports the Resident Chef (RC) in the achievement of business results, culinary operations, and the staffing and performance management of all culinary employees. The Assistant Resident Chef reports to the Resident Chef.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Models and directs employees to ensure customer service standards are met.
- Delivers and holds employees accountable for an exceptional cooking class experience at every class using recipes and game plans provided.
- Contributes to an environment where employees are informed and capable by supporting and/or delivering training for all employees.
- Maintains proper storage, prep and service procedures and maintains all equipment and workspaces to ensure sanitary conditions.
- Ensures all food items are cooked and served at the correct temperature.
- Models and ensures all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) are communicated effectively to employees, maintained and consistently followed.
- Supports the Resident Chef in proactively staffing the culinary program according to culinary census and fluctuations in seasonal business needs.
- Provides coaching in the moment and performance feedback to culinary employees. May assist the Resident Chef in delivering performance reviews for the culinary team.
- Seeks opportunities to increase cooking class and retail sales and directs culinary employees to execute sales plans.
- Anticipates and solves problems by taking decisive action, follows up with the Resident Chef.
- Stays informed by maintaining product knowledge, accesses available training and seeks out additional resources when necessary.
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of employee information including, but not limited to, Time and Attendance records and personal data.
- Appropriately partners with Resident Chef, HQ Culinary Team, Human Resources and other departments as needed or necessary.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers, field management and corporate office.
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws. Accurately records time worked according to SLT policy.
- May handle, serve, and pour liquor, wine and beer and/or mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water and etc. in order to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Resident Chef.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to move about the work place coaching and directing employees and/or class participants or while selling to customers.
- Ability to distinguish, with a degree of accuracy,
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-2 Years progressively responsible kitchen operations or kitchen management experience.
- Culinary degree or equivalent Sous Chef experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience training others and holding teams accountable.
- Valid Food Handlers or Food Managers Certification.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Demonstrated successful teaching and/or training experience.
- Proven ability to drive sales and motivate teams.
- Proven training and communication skills.
- Proven leadership and financial management skills.
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone:
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Sur La Table will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.