Las Vegas - Nevada (NV),
Compliance Auditor- UNLV Medicine
The Compliance Auditor works under the direction of the Chief Compliance Officer to provide information, analysis and recommendations for compliance activities supporting UNLV Medicine’s adherence to all regulatory and legal requirements. The role also serves to research information and to work with leadership and operations on reasonable and logical solutions in order to accomplish compliance.
Mission, Vision & Values
To transform quality of care for Nevada patients through innovations in improved access and community integration, while fostering a learning environment that inspires and attracts students, faculty, and community support / awareness.
To be recognized as a preeminent multi-specialty academic medical group in Southern Nevada, differentiated by innovations in patient-centered care, research, and education.
· Striving for Excellence
· Driving Innovation
· Demonstrating Inclusion
· Acting with Integrity
· Serving with Compassion and Humility
We are looking for team members who are:
· Self-motivated and exceptionally organized
· Determined to create outstanding experiences for our patients
· Career oriented with unprecedented reliability and excellent attendance
· Passion for wanting to make a positive impact on our patients experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Under general supervision and direction of the Chief Compliance Officer the auditor is responsible for the timely execution of internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan or on an ad-hoc basis.
· Conducts risk assessments for all lines of business. Provides audit training and advice, as appropriate.
· Assists in the overall quality, compliance auditing activities to ensure compliance of standard operating procedures, policies, industry standards, and applicable federal and state laws.
· Participates in review of policies and procedures
· Conducts online surveys and audits of the compliance efforts
· Performs HIPAA security audits of clinics
· Monitors conflict of interest, audit activities, filing and reviewing of audit reports
· Creates action plans and follows up on incidents
· Uses Compliance Manager software
· Creates and administers training programs
· Other duties as assigned
· Experience working in a large healthcare organization.
· Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid laws.
· Must have the appropriate background and knowledge needed to assess clinical documentation and medical record coding, and to analyze data and identify trends and outliers.
· Superior interpersonal, analytical and computer skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills that will support professional communication with all levels of management.
· Certified Professional Medical Auditor certification or equivalent.
· Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or related field or other financial degree preferred.
· While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
What We Offer:
· Competitive wages
· Affordable Medical Plans for Employee and Dependents
· 100% Employer Paid Dental Insurance for Employees
· 401K plan with % Employer match
· Generous PTO schedule
Job Type: Full-time
- healthcare setting auditing: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Certified Professional Medical Auditor (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off