Technical Project Manager I
Reno - Nevada (NV), 89521
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming. With operations in more than 100 countries and a team of over 12,000 employees, we deliver world-class gaming and lottery technology.
Do you live for creating calm in the middle of complex projects? Does the thought of applying your in-depth project management experience on creative projects make you smile? Our Game Studio is looking for you to help us deliver industry leading products in our fast and fun-filled environment. The ideal candidate will use their strong leadership experience to work with a cross-disciplinary team, help track game content and milestones, participate and grow in a collaborative atmosphere, while successfully delivering innovative games to our customers throughout the world.
As one of the vital creative engines for International Game Technology, the studio focuses on delivering products to our domestic partners and rapidly expanding international markets. The candidate will need to work closely with Producers to drive and support development and delivery of high-quality games, through planning and coordinating all aspects of game projects from inception to regulatory submission.
Our studio creates games for a broad range of business verticals, including video poker, video slots, stepper slots, electronic table games, and numerous specialty markets. Variety is the spice of life, and our unique studio culture promotes an environment that ensures employees have a proper work/life balance to enjoy all our vibrant community has to offer. In the shadows of the Sierras, Reno gets over 300 days of sunshine each year, is minutes to world class skiing and summer activities in Lake Tahoe, and has many multicultural events that happen throughout the year in our area.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, organized individual with strong communication skills to work with cross functional creative teams to help execute game projects through the complete software development life cycle. This position will use their talents to participate and collaborate with a motivated cross-disciplined team to deliver innovative creations on time to the market. Looking for someone who excels at facilitating, tracking and reporting on game content as it goes through the creation process. This role will also help shape the processes of the Core Studio Project Management group, while leading and mentoring more junior Project Managers.
- Work with Project Management team to drive process improvements, communication, and establish best practices.
- Work with Producers to drive and support development and delivery of high-quality games on time through planning and coordinating all aspects of game projects from inception to submission.
- Work with teams to develop a feature-based release, milestone, and iteration plan to deliver on the producer’s vision.
- Work with game teams from 5-15 members to develop and maintain up to date documentation and scheduling formation on assigned game details.
- Drive the coordination of the activities and alignment of multi-disciplinary team members to achieve project delivery both internally and externally to studio.
- Facilitate and disseminate the flow of information among team members on assigned projects.
- Participate in analyzing and removing project barriers and roadblocks.
- Develop, track, and report on project progress, resource, staff, assets, schedules, and project metrics.
- Continuously monitor and identify project risks, instigate contingency plans and maintain management strategies for development.
- Review the delivered results and the team’s performance and adapt as necessary.
- Manage work on multiple projects of high complexity in tandem
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience.
- Strong Excel skills, Microsoft Project or similar program
- Experience in managing creative projects
- Knowledge of the gaming or video game industry helpful
- Ability to leverage knowledge to identify needs and opportunities and develop in depth solutions, and drive process changes across a studio organization
- Ability to adapt style to meet the needs of the project management team, the game teams, and the studio
- Successful delivery of quality product through consistent milestones in a 12-24 month cycle start to finish
- Familiar with software engineering as well as project management techniques and methods
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must be able to travel and obtain a gaming card
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to obtain a gaming license
In addition to a competitive benefits package, we offer generous time-off plans, a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center and cafeteria, and free identity theft insurance to name a few.
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, and to creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, federal laws or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.