Mortgage Loan Officer
Reno - Nevada (NV),
United Federal Credit Union
General Summary (What is done and why)
The Mortgage Advisor provides quality real estate lending expertise through financial counseling and product awareness to Credit Union members regarding their real estate financing needs and generates investment quality mortgage loans by taking loan applications in support of loan growth objectives.
Essential Functions, in Priority Order
(Majority of duties, but not meant to be all inclusive or prevent other duties from being assigned as necessary)
- Provide financial counseling through interviewing, pre-qualifying and the mortgage loan application process. Time: 50%
- Monitor and manage sales pipeline consisting of mortgage applications taken but not yet closed; follow-up with mortgage operations personnel as necessary to obtain loan status and outstanding conditions; assist with clearing of underwriting conditions as necessary; re-structure loan terms and programs as necessary; monitor interest rate lock periods to ensure that locked rates are not allowed to expire; verify closing figures with operations personnel prior to loan closing. Time: 20%
- Develop and maintain relationships with the real estate/builder community to promote real estate loan programs. Represent the Credit Union at community real estate functions. Give educational presentations within the community. Time: 20%
- Work with branch lending personnel regarding real estate programs. Provide educational support to branches and members. Time: 10%
Education (Minimum education required to perform the duties of this position)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience (Minimum experience required to perform the duties of this position)
In addition to the education requirement:
- Three years real estate lending experience desired.
- NMLS registration required upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Minimum technical and communication skill levels and licenses/certificates normally required to perform the duties of this position)
- Thorough business knowledge of the real estate lending industry.
- Demonstrated secondary market skills and knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of real estate laws, regulations, policies and compliance.
- Ability to develop or improve loan products.
- Ability to develop strategy for seminars, presentations and trade shows.
- Strong mathematical skills and ability to perform complex financial calculations with a financial calculator.
- Strong proficiency with sales systems, including CRM, Origination Software, and other common Microsoft office applications. Specific knowledge or ability with Ellie Mae Encompass origination software preferred.
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Time Management
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Business Acumen
- Ability to analyze and evaluate information.
- Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions quickly.
- Ability to work and reason under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional image.
- Ability to interpret lending guidelines and regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of guidelines necessary to generate real estate loans.
Tools and Equipment Used
- All available general office equipment as needed.
- All available computer software and hardware as needed.
Working Relationships/Contacts (Positions with which incumbent has frequent contact)
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union staff.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union management.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Real Estate community.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union members.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with vendors.
Physical Demands (Physical effort generally associated with this position)
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most work is done from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from reading detailed reports and computer screens. Deadlines, workloads and pressure to achieve goals may cause increased stress levels.
Working Conditions (Typical working conditions with this type of work and environment hazards, if any, that may be encountered in performing the duties of this position)
Internal – Work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of duties. Length of day is unpredictable; long hours may be required to accommodate deadlines or special meetings.
External – Some overnight travel may be required; however, information on environmental conditions is not available.