Bedford - New Hampshire (NH),
Estimated salary Up to $42,000 a year
Troon is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Property Controller at Manchester Country Club in Bedford, NH.Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service for our guests.
- Implements and adheres to policies and procedures for the Accounting function, including compliance of all company accounting standards.
- Oversee accounting and administrative controls to safeguard the assets of the company by reducing theft and internal fraud.
- Assists General Manager in preparing and monitoring annual budget, monitoring revenue goals as well as generating various (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) business volume forecasts.
- Monitors and coordinates property plans of overall future objectives, including projection of revenue, cost, net income, cash position, cash management, and capital requirements.
- Prepares and submits monthly financial statements and supporting schedules that identify actual, budget, variance and over/under based on the plan.
- Performs or monitors daily revenue audits for revenue generating departments (i.e. Golf, Food & Beverage, etc.).
- Analyzes various accounting reports such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, various general ledger and monthly financial statements.
- Reconciles and audits petty cash, general bank account and cash banks.
- Monitors and manages property cash flow and decides the appropriate timing of issuing payment to vendors. Alerts General Manager and Regional Controller when cash flow problems exist.
- Prepares, coordinates and reviews the closing of year-end books and records with the Regional Controller.
- Prepares/Coordinates requested items for CPA for tax preparation and financial statement review; Responsible for timely preparation and submission of document
requests associated with the Club’s annual financial audit
Supervise/review and submit to COO the bi-weekly payroll process for approval; ensure departmental manager approval for time hours worked; explain variances from prior period Recommend to management the implementation of policies, procedures, processes and controls based on continual analysis of current accounting processes. Establishes accounting protocols and work flows for the property based on property needs, ensuring compliance with Troon Golf accounting standards. Monitors contracts with facility’s vendors. Ensures collection and payment of applicable local, state, and federal taxes. Prepares or reviews preparation of monthly tax reports. Manages both accounts receivable and accounts payable functions to include but not limited to: processing invoices, preparing statements, making payments, collections, reconciliation, and record keeping. Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to Member Account Representative, Accounts Payable / Payroll Accountant and GL Accountant Manages/Coordinates information technology within the Club Responsible for training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Assure that effective orientation and training is given to new associates. Develops ongoing training programs. Regular and reliable attendance. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and five to ten years related experience and/or training; Experience in Hospitality Industry a plus (Club experience preferred) Experience with Jonas Club Management software program a plus Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on advanced Excel