Lead Custodian B15 (BioPark)
Albuquerque - New Mexico (NM),
City of Albuquerque
Estimated salary $27,789 - $29,869 a year
Lead, oversee and participate in the more complex and difficult work of staff responsible for cleaning and maintaining City buildings; order and receive janitorial supplies and equipment and perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
High school diploma or GED preferred.
One (1) year custodial experience.
Possession of a valid New Mexico Driver's License, or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within 6 months from date of hire.
- Operations, services and activities of a custodial program
- Principles of lead supervision and training
- Methods and
- Perform all types of custodial and janitorial tasks
- Lead, organize and review the work of staff in the area of work assigned
- Order janitorial supplies and equipment
- Solicit bids for custodial equipment and fixtures
- Interpret, explain and enforce department policies and procedures
- Operate a variety of custodial equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Perform materials purchasing according to established City procedures
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work